Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
new sebro rotors and stock pads front and rear. driven 50-100 miles and have bedded them. everything feels good.

what's with the strange 3/4" "line" in the center of the braking surface? same on both fronts. it seems perfectly aligned under the metal post but there is a big gap between it and the rotor. non-existent on the rear.

anything to check or be concerned about, or drive it longer and monitor?

The brake pad is not making contact with the rotor in that area.
They don't seem to be bedded properly.
Make sure no one is behind you on the highway
Take the car to 75 mph. STAND on the brake pedal until the car almost stops. Get off the brake and drive 5 minutes to let rotor cool. Repeat.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Now I know why the tech who installed my new brake pads would not let me accompany him while he broke them in.
thanks Pedro. another round of bedding resulted in the expected wear pattern (consistent).

now i can focus my energy on polishing and orienting the center caps, repainted the lug nuts, and touching up the calipers near the bleeders where the brake fluid near-immediately turned my paint to goo. cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login