Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... sent to me by a member of PB.
Enjoy:
[www.youtube.com]

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Cool video. Since this shows the Boxster having a bonnet, I've got to say that the flat six under the boot is a bit "bent" out of shape. winking smiley
that you should stop the video at 3:08 smiling smiley
Thanks for the thought. Bent out of shape flat four. Ugh. Hopefully, the next edition will have the rectified version starting at the 4:19 mark. winking smiley
... now that I've read your comments and seen it for a second time, there are a bunch of errors in it.

For 1996 it says that the Boxster uses the 911 bonnet and headlights to save costs. It's actually the other way around. The 911 used the Boxster's bonnet, headlights, doors, dash, seats, on the '98 (built) 996.
The little engine logo on the lower left corner displays information about the flat-6 and flat-4 engines, yet it shows a V, not a flat.
It also says that the Boxster was inspired by the 356 cabriolet, not the 550 Spyder. Where does this person get this info?
For '09 it just says new steering wheel, new taillights and new bumper. Nothing about the IMS-less 9A1 new engine or DFI.
For 2010 it calls the Spyder the lightest Boxster ever (at 2,800 lbs) yet it lists the '96 Boxster at 2,760 lbs.

I'm sure there is more wrong info.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Actually ...
grc0456 - 3 years ago
Where were the fact checkers when they were needed?!?!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Re: Actually ...
db997S - 3 years ago
The Boxster didn't get DFI until 2010. The IMS was gone in 2009, but the 911 had DFI in 2009, the Boxster, the following year. Lots to keep track of with how Porsche changes, er, evolves their vehicles.
Boxster Spyder
Boxsterra - 3 years ago
According to Porsche its weight was actually 1,275 kg (2,811 lbs)

[www.porsche.com]

The 1999 Boxster is 2,822 lbs, which is pretty close.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login