Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Maybe they can make them retrofittable for other model Pcars in the future. No brake dust, longer lasting, less fade.

New Porsche rotor design:
[youtu.be]
Those things will blind other drivers on a sunny day. Shinny. Interesting that they are solid, too. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Even without brake dust, the wheels would still get dirty, just like the rest of the car. So it's pretty hard to avoid cleaning the wheels. Well, I guess you could have them painted a mat black. Then you wouldn't have to worry about washing them.
Guenter in Ontario
Even without brake dust, the wheels would still get dirty, just like the rest of the car. So it's pretty hard to avoid cleaning the wheels. Well, I guess you could have them painted a mat black. Then you wouldn't have to worry about washing them.

Yeah, but I find I have to clean the wheels prior to cleaning the car. Oftentimes even after just 2 or 3 trips, my car still looks great but the brake dust is already showing on the wheels.

Current: 07 Carrera S Cab - Midnight Blue/Sand Beige
Previous: 01 Boxster - (formerly boxtaboy), 86 944, Instagram: @Carreralicious
... so as not to get off-road (yeah, right!) gravel stuck in the "cross-drilled" holes.

* Back in the day, "solid" meant no ventilation vanes.
Hmmmm. Not sure if the benefits are worth the cost. There is still some brake dust. Porsche says it's about 90% less than regular brakes.

The brakes last about 30% longer. But they cost about 470% more.

The one advantage seems to be lack of brake fade under repeated use, so I could see the advantage for track use.
also, I haven't seen them for sale for the 986 so there's that.
I too clean the wheels first. I have HRE wheels on my car. My old car had Fikse profil 10. These were a total pain to clean. On all of the wheels I have on my cars I use a 50/50 simple green and water. Spray on and rinse off with spray hose attachment and a very soft wheel bush. I also use a long brush to clean the inside barrel of the wheels though the spokes. This does not prevent brake dust but makes it easer to clean the wheels. I did have the car ceramic coated. Almost nothing sticks to it. The car is alway garaged and when I go out I use the California car duster. Finally washed the car the outer day after about 6 montes. Use the 3 towel method and what dirt that I could not really see just washed right off and the water just sheeted off. I also had the wheels coated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login