Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm pretty sure the answer is that I need to get a new locking mechanism but just want to make sure. When I lock the car the gas door locking mechanism makes a very loud clunk when it locks the door. It does not make any noise when I unlock it though. I did spray some lubricant in the hole where the black rod comes out, but that didn't help much. I was having an issue pushing the front trunk to lock it but after I sprayed some lubricant the latch hole it is much easier to close the frunk. I was hoping I could fix the gas door locking issue the same way, but to no avail. I think I saw a diy on how to replace it but I am not currently in a place where I can do that.. So do I have time or should I get it fixed sooner then later?
It's just the solenoid that is hitting metal at the end of travel. Probably lost it's rubber cushion.
You may be able to adjust by loosening the bolt and pushing the assembly in a bit more,
Not a big deal and won't hurt anything if you do nothing, just noise.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login