Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Is there an easy way to get my daytime running lights activated on my 2002 Boxster S? Also, possibly in conjunction to this, anyone out there, in Oregon or Northern California who might have a Durametric computer to turn on my onboard computer? A 6 pack or possibly even a case of your favorite beverage can be provided and I’ll drive to you.

Thanks for the forum!

Lance

2002 Boxster S Manual-SealGrauMetallic
2013 Kia Soul-Orange
2002 F350 dually crew-white
2014 Fiat 500e

Husband
Dad
Teacher
Still have these questions... anyone? Bueller? Bueller? smiling smiley

Also, I’m probably going to buy a very junky 1999 Boxster tomorrow for 500$. Was an impound and supposedly runs but doesn’t move forward. Not 100% sure what I’ll do with it, but will assess once it is in my driveway. Someone had done a home paint and body job on it, and it’s horrible. The top looks good tho. Lots of oil on the rear of the car so either burning oil, leaking oil or the transmission has major problem. Interior is bad. Anyway, I’ll keep the thread updated if anyone is interested in the saga!
Well, I offered 200$ and a 300$ trade item, delivered, and he said yes! Supposedly coming this way this morning...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 12:54PM by Landsboxster. (view changes)
this is interesting.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 01:36PM by frogster. (view changes)
Landsboxster
Well, I offered 200$ and a 300$ trade item, delivered, and he said yes! Supposedly coming this way this morning...

It was delivered. Unfortunately, I’m also moving my mom so, I had to leave right away. But will update as soon as I get home and can tinker with it. Sure is cool having 2 Boxsters in the driveway tho... my wife says I’m crazy.
Listen to your wife! It has worked for me for 48 years... Just sayin'
TheFarmer
Listen to your wife! It has worked for me for 48 years... Just sayin'

We are at 34 years. I think she’s convinced me to fix and sell for profit, and buy stupid expensive new led headlights for the good Boxster...
Today I cleaned the car out and got it running! It’s stuck in reverse. I’ll put it up on stands tomorrow and see if it’s linkage related. Seats are completely ruined. I think this car sat around with the top either down or missing or shredded. Then, it got some body work done and they put a new top on it. But, passenger airbag is missing, front clip is another color under the paint and the seats are garbage. But it runs! And sounds decent!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2020 07:00AM by Landsboxster. (view changes)
Pretty sure transmission is toast. Sounds very growly and not right... I’m listing it as a parts car with a running engine... I’d fix but the body is just too beat up for my taste. No rust, just the aftermarket paint is bad. And the seats are bad.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2020 10:28PM by Landsboxster. (view changes)
Looks like it should just buff right out.
Guenter in Ontario
Looks like it should just buff right out.

Right? These cars are too cute for my own good. I just want it sitting there because it looks cool.

Pippi, the keeper Boxster.

We named the junky one Remington. Rough around the edges but a heart of gold.
Sold junky Boxster to a guy in Seattle with 34 Porsche’s in his yard, no joke... 31 914’s and now 3 Boxsters...
I did ok! Tripled my total investment. And didn’t even have to tow it anywhere.... Was dropped off and picked up at my driveway. Darn thing wouldn’t even roll without the clutch pedal down. Trans is toast. He wants the computers because his filled up with water and fried the under seat computer (blocked drains and Seattle rain). But he also gets a lot of other good parts out of it. I got to keep the spoiler motor assembly for mine. He said no prob so I pulled it. Car has 225,000 Miles on it. But I bet the engine is lower mileage. Just seemed to run too well.

For a short while, I owned 2 Porsche’s. Hope the neighbors don’t think I’m uppity!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login