Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
My 2016 GTS is in the shop to replace the thermostat for the second time. The first one was replaced under warranty in 2018. And now that one is frozen in the open position and has to be replaced. So it did not even last 2 years.

Interesting side note - since the first thermostat was replaced under warranty - it does not get the Porsche 2 year parts warranty - it was only warranted until the end of the new car warranty. Consequently I am going to have to cover the cost of this second thermostat as the car went out of warranty in November 2019. Seems pretty cheezy to me. angry smiley
You can probably make an argument for good will, or at least split the cost with the dealer.
You pay the labor, they replace the parts at no additional cost to you.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro. I picked up an extended warranty just before the car went out of the new car warranty and will use that to cover the thermostat replacement. I figured there were too many expensive electronic gizmos on the car, and that an extended warranty would be a good idea, especially as I plan to hang on to this car for a long time. Estimated cost from the dealer is in the $800 range for the work. I’ll have to pay $200.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login