Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
From the article:
While the T can't match the GT4 for sheer performance, it comes impressively close. The T hits 60 mph in 4.4 seconds to the GT4's 3.7-second run.

I went to the Porsche site and they had the 0-60 time at around 5 seconds--plenty fast, but at more than a 1/2 second faster, I wonder if C&D's old test tricks are at work with these numbers. Over the years they've come up with some performance numbers on cars that other mags couldn't match.

The car sounds like a lot of fun to drive, but at this price, I'd say the biggest thing going for it vs. the C8 or 2021 Supra is the ability to get a manual transmission.
The lack of oomph under 3K sounds similar to one I drove at the 2017 launch; the twin scroll turbo in a Cayman or BS seemed not to have the same lag.
Either of these cars would be plenty fast for anyone unless their "need" was for track performance.
Around town, the differential would likely be noticeable but not really "significant."

To be clear, I am all for having the greatest and best - if that is what you desire. But we must be certain to note it as a "want" not a "need."

For my part, I have significant problems with the prices. I am not sure how the large prices disparities are justified. Likely - they are not. It is a Porsche after all. But even still.
[youtu.be]

Fun review of the 4.0 GTS, with great MANual driving shots.

Might even tempt our ubiquitous skinflint Canadian.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[youtu.be]

More great Autobahn speeding....

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[youtu.be]

I think she really liked it, but who knows for sure.

The car has a Florida plate, but those roads don't look like the sunshine state.

And thankfully, no speedmetal music, or dumbass "I like it because it's great" comments.
You heard it here first! The article is not available on the C&D website and it was not in the print edition. Broken embargo? Marketing experiment? Anyway, I contacted the dealer from the Porsche configurator and I recently learned that they have the allocation for my order of a 2021 718 Cayman T and they took my deposit so I'm good to go.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login