Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It was supposed to be a beautiful sunny day here in parts of Ontario. At least it started out that way. With the leaves starting to change, my wife and I decided to get out for a drive up to the Blue Mountains area. It clouded over shortly after we left home, but still got some nice pictures before the rain set in. Sunshine would have brightened the colours quite a bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 05:35PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
We had our 981 out for a top down drive today also.
From the today's extended forecast, it looks like we are just about done with 70 deg. days around here until next year.
Glad to see you got out for a nice drive G. Soon there won’t be many top down days left this season in my area either so trying to enjoy as much as possible now.

That's for sure. Our driving days are numbered. Just try to take advantage of the ones we get. Yesterday, we managed to hit the high 60's. Today, we'll be lucky to make it to 50. For me, as long as it's dry and into the high 30's is good for a drive. Got sweatshirt, bun warmers, heater and Pedro's TechNOwind to keep me warm and comfy on the cooler days. smiling smiley

Today, we will hit 64F. Very nice out still. I still drive my car thru the winters here if the salt is clear from the roads. Been out as low as 18F! Only the snow can stop me, as I get no fun from that kinda driving.
The colors are changin here now too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2020 08:23AM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: Fall colours
Indybox - 3 years ago
More autumn colours ... this photo was taken in the Laurentian mountains north of Montreal about two weeks ago.
The colours were really popping this year on our annual fall leaf run!

Great colours. Your green car makes for a nice contrast to the leaf colours. Looks like you had a great day for a topless drive.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro! And ... how about those nearly new Michelin PS2's! Already looking ahead to 2021 ... wondering if we might return to Indiana for the next PCA Parade. We really enjoyed 2015 ... especially since we got to visit with all our friends in the Hoosier state. Great memories from our 11 years there which included acquiring our first Porsche (Forest Green '99 Boxster) back in 2004. And to think that I'm still chopping the original plastic rear window despite never having used a diaper to polish it!!!
My wife and I planned another drive with a few Porsche friends today. Despite the call for some rainy weather, we lucked out and it stayed dry for the whole drive. With temperatures in the 50's and cloudy, we were comfy with heaters and bun warmers. The only really "cool" part was a picnic lunch, allowing for social distancing and a great time to share Porsche stories.

First pit stop at a Canadian institution, Tim Hortons.

Some Fall colours along the way.

And finishing up with a picnic lunch.

paulofto - 3 years ago
Good stuff Guenter I miss those great drives in southern Ontario. I put my Boxster to bed for the winter yesterday. This morning we have a dusting of snow on the ground. Spring is only 5 months away.
Indybox - 3 years ago
My Boxster has her annual year-end service two weeks today. Forecast for southern Quebec this Friday is for 20 C and a little sunshine ahead of a cold front ... might be our last run for the 2020 season. Single digit temps the week after. Only 152 days until spring! Photo taken on our leaf run September 27th in the Laurentian mountains.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login