Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I just ordered a 2021 718 Cayman T a couple of days ago. No options except GT Silver Metallic paint and the 18 way Adaptive Sports Seats. The seats are necessary for the lower back issue I have. I never thought I would order a new Porsche but this was too good to pass up. It's as if Porsche read my mind when they put this package together. 6 speed manual, of course. Frankly, I'm still walking around in a daze.
Congratulations, Steve. It's a special feeling to be able to order a car exactly the way you want it.

Manual and GT Silver. 2 Porsche options at the top of my list for a new Porsche.

.......and the waiting begins. smiling smiley
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Exciting times
db997S - 3 years ago
The 18-way adaptive sports seats will fit you to a T! Congrats. Was it hard to resist ordering it in Kermit the Frog Green? As the song goes, waiting it is the hardest part. Enjoy your last few months in the 987.
I lucked out on timing. We just had 8 inches of snow yesterday. The dealer let us have a short test drive in a Cayman with PDK, very structured, following another sales person in a Cayenne. I was actually the passenger because I wanted my wife to drive.
congratulations @stevej. how long is the wait for a new boxster these days? looking forward to pics.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
The wait depends on dealer allocation. The dealer said I would get delivery in February but they had just one allocation. The salesman said that production levels are down because of Covid. I frankly hope there is some delay because the weather is generally not good here in the Minneapolis area in February. The dealer said they would deliver the car to my home if necessary. Luckily I have a 3 car garage with an empty spot. Now to sell the Boxster.

Steve
Here is a picture of the new addition. I hope this works - dealer provided the picture and I had to convert jpg to pdf.

Steve
Well, I will provide pictures when the car is out of my garage. The trip across the ocean left the Cayman just like new. Right now I'm waiting for the snow/road salt to disappear. The dealer arranged for transportation in an enclosed trailer right from the showroom to my garage. The car is beautiful and the silver paint has a depth that doesn't show up in photographs. I sold the Boxster with good luck on the weather so I'm just waiting for some warmer weather so I can wax the car. I will give a driving report after I get used to the car.

Steve
Can't wait to see your new Cayman, Steve. Did you try using the instructions at the top left to upload to [imgbb.com] and share the picture the dealer sent you?

I agree with you. GT Silver is a gorgeous colour. It changes during sunny and cloudy weather.

What other options besides GT Silver, manual and adaptive Sport Seats did you get?
Thanks for the info. Here is another try.

[ibb.co]
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans)
Thanks for the info. Here is another try.

You almost had it.
I was able to see it by clicking on the link in your post.
Make sure you use the BBCode for the picture to show up.
Looks like this:

img images
I believe the picture came through. The only options were the paint and the seats. The included options on the 718 Cayman T are extensive and all performance related. I look forward to developing new skills to keep the RPM between 3000 and 4000 for the next 2000 miles. The break-in instructions in the owner's manual are very specific. There are several videos of interest on UTube. Just search for Porsche 718 Cayman T.

I will have to change my sig to account for the new car.

Steve
Yup got it!

Reminds me of when I bought my first Boxster. The only options it had to have where Silver (Arctic Silver in 2006.) And manual transmission. And as you said earlier, the T has the right options to enhance an already great handling car.

Enjoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login