Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.

Went to the first Cars and Coffee here in town, sponsored by the local BMW owners club. Free donuts and a Dutch Bros coffee across the street made the event even more special. My Boxster and a 996 (911?) twin turbo represented the Porsche’s. A few Beemers, an Audi and a MK3 Jetta rounded up the Euro cars. A couple Mazda’s also showed up, which was fine! We are all Motörhead’s with common interests. I took several people for rides around the block in the Boxster S. I may have converted a few to the specialness of the Porsche’s... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

image upload

2002 Boxster S Manual-SealGrauMetallic
2013 Kia Soul-Orange
2002 F350 dually crew-white
2014 Fiat 500e

Husband
Dad
Teacher

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2020 03:40PM by Landsboxster. (view changes)
I really liked the way they looked but once I drove it, I was sold.
Boxsterra
I really liked the way they looked but once I drove it, I was sold.

I didn’t let anyone drive, but one person was very impressed on how the car handled a bumpy street. The S horsepower impressed them as well.

When I bought my car, I had to drive it 200 miles back home. At the time, the rear tires were not great and weren’t balanced. I was regretting my purchase during that trip, or at least questioning it... check engine light came on, and, a piece of fender well plastic started rubbing (o2 sensor and a missing clip, later discovered)... couldn’t go over 60 without horrible shaking, etc. The tires were making such a racket that I thought the wheel bearings were going out too.

AfterI got it home, got the new tires installed and also did the rear axles, then I got to drive the car to its potential. Oh yeah, then I understood. And have been very satisfied since...

Took the wife to dinner last night, put the top down, and, the car puts a smile on our face every time. We were even exclaiming on how the seats are more comfortable than anything else we’ve ever owned. Very neat car! For an average person, who will never be able to afford a 70,000$ car, this is luxury and sport all rolled into one at a bargain price. I call it my baby super car (official name is Pippi the Porsche tho winking smiley )
Standard seats are very comfy on these cars. My wife and I went on a two-week road trip from D.C. to Maine and back, without a complaint. Been to Chicago and back. VT and back. Atlanta and back. Etc. Two trunks help, too, but word of caution, the rear trunk can get very warm, if not hot (especially in the summer). So, no makeup or anything with a low melting point goes back there. Enjoy.
The rear trunk was designed for pizza runs.....winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
And, of course, the long way home. smileys with beer
db997S
And, of course, the long way home. smileys with beer

Oh yes, the long way home, and any other random chance of driving the car...
There are about 10 good pizza places closer to where I live than my car is.
Boxsterra
There are about 10 good pizza places closer to where I live than my car is.

Hahah! Sounds like me! “Oh you need that (incredibly non essential item) picked up? I’m on it!
When I lived in VA there was an Italian store that made 20" pizza that came in a box that perfectly wedged into the 986 trunk about 4" off the floor. Since it was about a half an hour away, of course I volunteered to drive. Just long enough for the trunk to heat up on the way there and keep it warm on the way back.
I think you forgot to mention the case of beer kept cool in the frunk. smileys with beer
Sat in the passenger's seat.

Didn't want her to come along. If she had she'd know my fun route and want me home earlier.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC
Sat in the passenger's seat.

Didn't want her to come along. If she had she'd know my fun route and want me home earlier.

Typical Boxster driver tactic! You "fogot" to mention there was a pizza place around the corner from where you lived. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login