Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I just changer my battery, and now I can't program Homelink for my garage opener. I tried holding the 1 and 111 buttons down, but no light flash. Same if I hold the 1 down. Did I miss a step? Am I missing something? Any ideas Pedro? My car is a 2013 Boxster base.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2020 03:06AM by matsporsche. (view changes)
How long did you hold the buttons down? According to the manual, with the ignition on, you have to hold the 1 & 111 (two outside buttons) for 20 seconds. Then you get the middle button flashing. This would clear any previously stored garage door codes in both buttons. Then you can program the "new" code.

I'm not sure what the problem might be if you can't get the middle button to flash.

I found I had to follow a combination of the owners manual and the garage door opener owners manual to program the buttons. It also depends on whether you have an older (probably about 20 years) set code or a newer rolling code garage door opener.
I fixed it, and the problem was my stupidity. I knocked out a fuse while I was working on the car, but I didn't know where it came from. It turns out it was for Homelink. After I replaced the fuse where it belonged, Homelink worked fine. I didn't even need to reprogram it. Thanks for replying anyway.
Glad it was a simple fix. I remember replacing the battery in my 06 and I didn't have to reprogram the Homelink in that.

Was that the still the original battery that you replaced on your 2013? I've been keeping my eye on the Voltage reading on the battery of my 2014, which was built in June 2013.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login