Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My driver's front winter tire is slightly out of balance and noisy, so I'm getting it road force balanced soon. Also, the pressure reporting for that tire occasionally goes blank, and the Fill Info will have some sort of error message for that side, so I'll have the TPM unit replaced in that wheel. A local shop will do the job. Is the TPM unit Porsche specific, or does any generic unit communicate with the system? (Not sure if Tire Rack supplied the TPMs for this winter wheel set.)
I think that at about 8 years, you'll soon have the other sensors going too, so I'd recommend replacing the whole set.

A friend bought a set from Titantpms.com for his 2007 Carrera around 2014 and they're still working fine. He found a tire shop that simply let the air out of his tires, broke the bead, reached in and replaced the whole unit. It saved him from having to get the wheels rebalanced.

If you go to their website, you can click on the sensors they have listed under Porsche and it will tell you for which year Boxster (and other models) they fit.

It was considerably less expensive than what Porsche was going to charge him. I don't recall the exact figures, but Porsche (Canadian) price was about $200 / wheel and he bought the set and had them installed for a total of less than $200 on all 4 wheels.
Always glad to help. It always goes both ways. smiling smiley

The TPMS sensors don't get replaced with different tires. I imagine that your sensors are still the originals. I know that mine are. You do have to go to the TPMS setting in your car and change the setting for different types (summer / winter, size) of tires.
I went back and found the post I had made 7 years ago. My numbers were a bit off, but it was a significant savings with the Titantpms.com sourced sensors.

Original post:
[pedrosboard.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login