Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Isn't that south of the 49th parallel?

So which border are we talking about (or aboot)?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
vancouver is just a bit north of the 49th. we moved from vancouver to vancouver island 4 years ago and we are south of the 49th. the southernmost point of canada is not far from our house. kinda like that place down in the keys in florida being the southernmost point of the continental US. (i was wrong about this)
Victoria is the capital of BC and it's on the island and is also south of the 49th.

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2020 09:55PM by frogster. (view changes)
I think that my house is a lot closer to the southern point of Canada than yours. About 160 mi. for me and probably 2500 mi.for you.
Pelee Island in Lake Erie is indeed the most southerly point in Canada being well below the 45th parallel. Even south eastern Nova Scotia is significantly further south than anywhere in B.C.
i stand corrected
frogster - 3 years ago
i am not usually one to repeat supposed "facts" without verifying them or at least giving them a bit of thought. my wife was on a boat and they passed by this little island with a marker on it and she told me the guide said that it was the southernmost point. maybe it was the southernmost point of BC? in any case, what i said was totally incorrect and i feel foolish for saying it. thank you guys for correcting me. next time i'll look at a map first.

now, which is farther south, rome or barcelona? smiling smiley

--
I believe it is Barcelona further south than Rome but only by the thinnest crust of a chorizo pizza.

smileys with beer
Maybe some geographical confusion here. Although the 49th parallel does form a large part of the Canada / US border, quite a bit of the eastern border is well below the 49th parallel. The southern tip of Ontario is actually located at the same latitude as Northern California.

So yes, it is the Canada / US border that we're talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2020 11:24PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
You wouldn't believe how many Detroit snowbirds we get every Winter.
Just placed my order for a festive orange 10th anniversary hat! Happy to help out with a worthy cause during these difficult times. Thanks Pedro. This one is headed to the Montreal area at 45º 27' 35" N.
smileys with beer
Guenter in Ontario - 3 years ago
If we keep this up, we'll have these PBX hats all over Canada. We already have 1/4 of the provinces covered.
... 70 more hats ready to ship from 28º 11' 0.8" N, enough to send one to every Province in Canada and every State in the USA and have a few left!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
one of these unique hats would make a great Christmas gift, it just might still make it in time, if ordered today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login