Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
White Christmas
Ed B - 3 years ago
We will have a White Christmas. 36 to 40 inches yesterday. Anybody want some? Free! You pick up in central NH.

Ed B eye rolling smiley
I haven't had a white Christmas since Christmas day 1999 when I still lived in St. Louis.
I miss it!
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Happy Holidays to everyone on PB! This pic was taken 12/13, when it was 60F in Boston.

This pic was taken 12/17, and it's 10F as I write this!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
i tried fixing the links but even then i can't get to the files.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Ok, sorry. They did look OK in the preview. I can’t ever seem to get posting pics right!

Gary

they probably looked okay on your preview because you have the rights to access them whereas others don't. PM me if i can be of any help.

--
Gary, I checked my Google account, and I can't find a way of sharing pictures from my Google account to a forum like this.

You can upload and share your photos for free using [imgbb.com] with the instructions that Pedro has posted at the top left.

It's pretty quick and easy once you've done it a couple of times.
Thanks, G.

Gary

Let me try to post a pic again.

Gary

... but don't leave your ignition on overnight.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Never! It's all tucked away and plugged into the battery maintainer - at least until the next bluebird winter day, that is winking smiley

Gary

i was never in love with my ocean blue. too much red/purple in certain lighting conditions. this midnight blue is fantastic and i also love those wheels.
how many miles on the car now? are you the original owner?

--
Thanks, Frogster. I love the Midnight Blue Metallic, too. It is also a bit changeable depending on light conditions...ranging from navy to blackish to purplish. But, it's the dark blue over Savanna Beige combo that really makes it a looker, IMHO.

I bought the car five years ago from a rather shady character (see below) who bought it as a roller, rehabbed it, and saved it from the car crusher. But it has turned out to be a rock solid, Permagrin machine. The chassis now has 160,000 miles and I've been responsible for 50k of those. Most of my changes to it have been of cosmetic/accessory type, with the biggest being a new top and reupholstered seats. I've driven it with pleasure, far and wide - BRBS, Werks Reunion, Hershey Swap Meets, Boardwalk Reunion, etc. etc.

[www.pedrosgarage.com]

When I bought the car, I was thinking of enjoying it for 4-5 years and then upgrading. While that is still a possibility, I am starting to think more and more of it as a "forever" car!

Gary

You sure keep that car in terrific shape, Gary. The problem with keep it so shiny makes that speck of dust on the right rear fender stand out like a sore thumb. winking smiley

I like the look of those aluminum pedals. Have you had any problems with feet slipping on them when shifting and dancing through the corners?

I know what you mean about the car growing on you. It's one of the special things about Boxsters. Even an early 1997 model still looks like a thoroughly modern car, we get to know them over time and share adventures with them. I think that's why that shady character that you were referring to, still has his white one. It's had a lot of use, a heart transplant and a complete makeover.

..hhmmmmm wonder if that "shady character" will post some before and after pictures. winking smileywinking smiley
Haha, G - yes, the darker cars do show every blemish. But I don't mind keeping it polished up. Drive, clean, repeat - I say.

The Rennline pedal set has been no problem for me so far. The rubber grips seem to do their job, and I think the set came with some extras, too.

Yeah, the car shows nice. Not a Concours car, but many people are shocked when I tell them it has 160k on the clock (50k on PBB's engine). The 986 IMHO is right in a "sweet spot" in that it's modern enough to have functional creature comforts, yet old enough to reward one with that pure, analog feel and with ABS being the only nanny. However, if anyone has a nicely optioned 981S available, I could be persuaded to sell the 986. There's only room at Casa grc0456 for one ragtop/fun car. Although, an alternate plan could be a nice 996 C4S (it's back seats would accommodate our doggie nicely) as a daily driver, keeping the 986 for top down days.

So far, Mrs. grc0456 has not been persuaded of us being a two P-car family, but I've only been working on her a year or so! However, I have gotten her to notice P-cars on the road, and to admire and appreciate the really special ones, like this little beauty at 2019 Boardwalk Reunion (our last pre-Covid car event). She has good taste, no?

Gary

wow, great story. she sounds like a keeper.
i never realized that midnight blue could have a tinge of purple in it. i had a friend with a cobalt blue boxster and that was really nice as well although just a touch light for my taste.

--
I like all the blues, Frogster. When I point out Lapis, Ocean, etc. to her, Mrs. grc0456 does prefer the darker Midnight Blue Metallic.

Gary

Tinge of purple is right. I love my Midnight Blue and Sand Beige...

Very nice!

Gary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login