Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
wow, that's dedication (and a lot of money!)

[www.motor1.com]

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
It would be interesting to know if Ottocar is actually his given name or a nickname he's taken on.

In German - Ottomotor is the original name of a gasoline engine invented by Nicolaus Otto. He didn't build it with cars in mind, but rather to run machinery.
And of course we all know what "car" refers too - Although if Ottocar is Austrian, he'd more likely have given himself the nickname Ottoauto.

Quite a story. Obviously, money is no object for Ottocar to be able to own and maintain the 38 Porsches that he's kept. Sounds like they're all kept in running condition and used on a fairly regular basis. That Miami Blue isn't one of the standard or optional colours for the Spyder, so it's a special order - including the matching key he's got. I'm sure that's not the only upgrade that car has.

One can dream.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Not long ago, there were cars that were just "used cars" I bet one could have bought a 904 as a post race car, for a song. They are now worth tons. Same with many 356 models.

So yes, a lot of money has changed hands. But he might have done better in many of those transactions.

Still - very impressive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login