Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hello everyone, I bought a 987.2 Boxster S about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving the car like no other. I'm 64 years young and have owned 15 cars before "Snapper", and without a doubt this one is my favorite. I've put about 500 miles on him so far...

I do have one area that concerns me which has to do with the clamshell on convertible top. It's not closing properly, that is to say, the driver's side of the clamshell is about a half inch higher when fully closed.

Any insight into this would be appreciated, thanks.

Rick
Welcome to PedrosBoard!
Congrats on our 987.2.
It's a wonderful machine that should offer a great deal of enjoyment.
Regarding the clamshell not closing equally on both sides, my guess would be that the two transmissions are probably not correctly synchronized.
I see that quite a bit.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I wanted to tell everyone that I had the pleasure of meeting Pedro on Wednesday. He was able to adjust and lube the convertible top, it's running smother and looks great...problem solved.

Thanks Pedro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login