Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
23rd birthday!
SMILIN - 3 years ago
I MUST go for a drive today on my baby's 23rd birthday. I've barely added 1000 miles this year.

I did get her an early birthday present. I had new H&R springs installed. I absolutely approve of the gift. smiling smiley A couple of years ago I had my 20 year old H&Rs removed and returned to stock height when replacing the struts. I was tired of bottoming out and thought I was ready for a little higher ride height. I was wrong! The car looked like a 4x4. All is right in the world again. How does the car feel? I don't know. But it LOOKS awesome! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
1000 miles "this year?" or 2020?

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
SMILIN
But it LOOKS awesome!

I'm having trouble seeing it. winking smiley

best i could do on a quick lunchtime drive
thumbs up
Guenter in Ontario - 3 years ago
Looking great. That car looks it wants to be driven at least a couple of hundred miles a week. winking smiley

Such a timeless design. I agree, the ride height looks really good. More important, I bet it handles better than the stock setup. Hope you have lots of time to enjoy it this year.
... a Porsche's birthday?
The day you order it?
The day the VIN was issued? Maybe that's conception day.
The day it was built? Probably more accurate
or
The day you bought it?

Mine turned 23 in December, since it was a 1997 December build.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
the day i picked her up. prior to that is the gestation period. smiling smiley
i have often pondered this question. for me, the day you order it would be conception. getting the VIN is just confirmation of the pregnancy.
i think that rolling off the assembly line would be the technical equivalent to giving birth (but less painful). or would getting trucked to the dealer be included as part of "delivery" with birth actually being when you drive it off the lot? i think the latter is the best day to celebrate.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I'd say
Boxsterra - 3 years ago
it's the day you first turn the key in it and bring it to life. I consider any factory engine testing part of the gestation period.
I'm going with the "Production Date" shown on service invoices from the dealership that first delivered the car. In my case, that's July 7th, 1999.

that’s a fine approach if you’re not the original owner. for original owners, i’m sticking with the day you hand over the cash, start the car and drive away smiling smiley
that is the date it became "mine" and the date the warranty began and the date it got its plates etc.

But, It doesn't really matter.

I have to look, but mine will be 21 sometime during February. I know I bought it just before my birthday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login