Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Both the FM tune via the knob and the presets no longer work. The AM select and presets do work as well as the CD. If the radio (Bose) is too expensive to repair I will replace it with a Sirius radio.

Any advice on the problem or on whish satellite radio to use?
just an idea
frogster - 3 years ago
this could be a long shot but i would try removing the power to reset the device. since the other functions still work, we know it isn't the unit. don't forget that even when the car is off, the head unit is still getting power.
my mother's cable box has lost the sound twice now. the only thing that restores it is unplugging it and leaving it overnight. 5 minutes doesn't seem to be enough. if i were in your position, i would take out the head unit and leave it out overnight. plug it back in next day. worth a shot, it's free.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I plan to pull the fuse overnight and see if it resets and corrects..
Also try removing the face plate, cleaning the contacts and then reinstalling.
--
I pulled the fuses and let it sit for a few hours, replaced them and now it works!
Thanks for the suggestion.
shows just how valuable this board and its members can be to one another. smileys with beer

Now you'll have to find something else to spend that not-needed-new-stereo money on. smiling smiley
Radio is fixed and now I have a CEL and two faults. I hope both units haven't failed and maybe it's a failed hose or connection. We'll see. Too cold for me to work on it in an unheated garage so the money will be gone fast.
--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login