Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
....Here is where I am theses days. I've had this over 5 years and think it's the best all around Porsche ever, but I may be prejudiced.

i was baffled by the red reflections on the driver's door.

that is one sweet looking car. i've always loved the cayman. if i were going to spend the money, i'd have a tough time deciding between a boxster and a cayman.

thanks for posting dennis.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
You should come back into the fold. The 986 and 987 line are super reasonably priced now in the used markets. What are you waiting for? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2021 05:38AM by CarreraLicious. (view changes)
I'm baffled with the red reflections too, as they only appeared when uploaded to host.
dennisafrompa
I'm baffled with the red reflections too, as they only appeared when uploaded to host.

when i zoomed in, i figured it was a reflection of a red neon sign. is that possible?

--
Also to CarreraLicious I AM back in the fold. Yes, my Cayman was very reasonably priced.
I was talking to Frogster. You did good. winking smiley
CarreraLicious
You should come back into the fold. The 986 and 987 line are super reasonably priced now in the used markets. What are you waiting for? smiling smiley

basically the cost:benefit ratio just doesn't work for me.

plus it's a little bit of "been there, done that" feelling.

there are very few roads to have fun on in a boxster on here where i live. add the cost of insurance for a car that i would rarely drive. then there's the cost of maintenance and i don't think it wouldn't be easy to find a competent and good mechanic. maybe if i win the lottery i'll buy a GTS 4.0.

--
Ah, ok. I don’t think you’ll have a been there done that feeling once you fire up that flat 6 again and drive it a few minutes...I certainly don’t each time I get to take my Pcar out, but I hear ya. Maybe they have something like a PCC (Porsche Club of Canada?) there, the members could steer you towards a good mechanic? These cars are really easy to work on for basic things like oil changes and such anyways. I always say if not now, when?...helped me justify my purchase. LOL.
PCA actually includes USA and Canada.

Frogster would belong to the [www.virpca.org] region if he joined.

Here in Ontario, I belong to the Upper Canada Region [pcaucr.org]

I'm sure Frogster can answer this better than I can, but I thing part of his conundrum is the relatively few driving roads out on Vancouver Island and it's roughly a 1.5 hour ferry boat ride to get to the mainland where there are more driving opportunities.

....over to Frogster out west, just around the 49th parallel. smiling smiley
Oh, I see now. I think Frogster needs to move to Ontario to enjoy the nice roads and cold weather then. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
CarreraLicious
Ah, ok. I don’t think you’ll have a been there done that feeling once you fire up that flat 6 again and drive it a few minutes....

it's not that i wouldn't enjoy it. i would for sure without a question. the issue is simply the cost of that enjoyment. like i said, it's the cost/benefit, or in this case, the cost/enjoyment ratio that is not good.

Guenter in Ontario
I'm sure Frogster can answer this better than I can, but I thing part of his conundrum is the relatively few driving roads out on Vancouver Island and it's roughly a 1.5 hour ferry boat ride to get to the mainland where there are more driving opportunitie

it's an hour from where we live to the ferries. then you have to get there early, i count on 30 min minimum but if you miss the ferry because of traffic or anything, then it's another hour or two wait (summer vs winter). then it's $100 each way for the car and two people. then getting off the ferry takes a while, especially if you're among the last to board since you'll be at the very rear of the boat. then when you get to the mainland, the ferry terminal is far from any fun roads. so it's close to 4 hours minimum each way plus driving to somewhere interesting plus two-hundred bucks. since it's not feasible for a day drive, you have to throw in a night in a hotel which during the summer ain't cheap.

so in essence, driving on the island is limited and going to the mainland would be a twice a year occasion.

when i was in switzerland there were so many roads to drive. there were very few other cars and essentially no cops so driving was fun. "spirited driving" was the norm. that just wouldn't be possible here so it would be a let down. i guess that's kind of what i mean by been there, done that. add to all of the above the fact that i'm 20 years older than i was when i bought the boxster.

it was a fantastic 10 years of ownership. who knows what the future holds in store.

--
Ok, I see how it is not worth the trouble. I’m sure the other advantages of living where you are greatly outweigh the negatives.
That angle really captures the curves of the car
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login