Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It's middle of winter here in the Northeast, and I am growing weary and bored. We have a foot of snow on the ground, it hasn't been above freezing in a few weeks, and the roads are white with salt. On top of that, there's nowhere to go and little to do thanks to COVID (although I am scheduled for shot #2 of the Pfizer vaccine this week). All I have to keep me sane is memories of better times, car magazines, YouTube videos, and dreams of spirited driving on twisty mountain roads.

But, I do have my region's Spring Ramble (this year based at the Mt. Washington (NH) Hotel) to look forward to at the beginning of May, and BRBS at the beginning of June (shouldn't we be hearing something about this soon?) to look forward to. In the meantime, I'll just open the garage every once and while and dream about better days gone by.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
I feel the same. I actually drive my car all throughout winter, but with the recent snowfall, too much salt and cold temps don’t make for fun driving, so it’s tucked in the garage for another weekend. Can’t wait till it rains to clear up all the salt, and I’ll be taking her out again.

Memories of summer:

Reality of winter...can only drive my mini version:
CarreraLicious
I feel the same. I actually drive my car all throughout winter, but with the recent snowfall, too much salt and cold temps don’t make for fun driving, so it’s tucked in the garage for another weekend. Can’t wait till it rains to clear up all the salt, and I’ll be taking her out again.

Memories of summer:

Reality of winter...can only drive my mini version:

Sharp 997. Blue over beige is just my favorite! But I don't take my prototype model out in the snow...lol!

Gary

Nice collection. Agree...blue and tan is awesome. Hopefully, Spring weather will come soon!
Yup. I try to un-ugh winter with pictures and videos. And, try to keep my working environment Porsche friendly.

Then I can crank up the speakers and pull up some video - this one from the day we rented Porsches and drove them on the Autobahn on our Germany / Switzerland / Austria trip in 2019. I managed to get it to 246 kph = 152 mph at the 2:47 mark, unfortunately blocked out by the glare on the instruments.
[youtu.be]
Nice! Easy to do 150+ in a 992! Did you rent in manual?
CarreraLicious
Nice! Easy to do 150+ in a 992! Did you rent in manual?

That was when the 992 had just come out and before the manual was available in the 992. I don't think I've seen any manuals available from the company that rents out the Porsches.

The challenge with getting the fast speeds is that traffic is heavier in Germany than it used to be (much like here in NA). Also only about 1/2 of the Autobahn is unlimited speed, so you do have to watch the signs to avoid speeding tickets. If there is a speed limit, it's usually 130 kph (81 mph).
Just like I imagined your workstation would look like, G!

Gary

I love your car, but then mine in Dedham is the same Blue 2005 and I drove it last night as I do all winter. Winter will end!
Going into my 3rd week without driving her. Going into withdrawal. LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login