Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
"Found" one...
dak911 - 3 years ago
Back to BOXSTER ownership.
When the "right" car comes along, you just know.
Trade in at Me/Be dealer
I got to it the first day it was offered
3/13 Build date
28,000 miles, One Owner
Stuttgart Build
Basalt Black, Luxor Beige partial leather Black top
PDK
20"Carrera S Wheels
Seat Ventilation
Power Steering Plus
Infotainment
Convenience
2 Keys, Manuals and Window sticker.
So it's a pretty much Base car
The only things I found are 2 "chips" the size of a match head (not dented)
I have owned a lot of cars over the years, this is BOXSTER number 4.
They are like women, you don't really know what you are getting right away, takes a few months or miles eye rolling smiley
Re: "Found" one...
db997S - 3 years ago
Congrats. Nice ride. The design is four years into no IMS, too. Fourth time's a charm? Ventilated seats are the best, Jerry, the best. So are heated with heated steering wheel.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Congrats! Sounds like a real beauty.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
n/t
How did you know?
I must be "loosing "it, I was not able to 'STEAL" it, but the price was very good for "this" car............then you add the B/S Doc Fee and the Dealer Fee sad smiley
But "they" did put new Michelin Pilot Sport 2 S's, New Pads and rotors, oil change and unspecified other "repairs to the tune of $4500 (internal cost)
And most importantly the MRS already took it for a ride, gone 45 minutes, came back with a thumbs up andsmiling smiley
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Congratulations!
Sounds like a very nice car.
The new tires/pads/rotors suggest you'll be able to drive this for a few years without shelling out significant $'s in maintenance costs.
Have fun with it!
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll appreciate the vented seats in hot weather. The 981 is a big step forward from the 987.

For those chips, I'd recommend Dr. Colorchip. If you follow their instructions, it's easy and does a great job.

Now go out and get that Permagrin - and grab and share (after the drive) winking smiley some pictures of that beauty (I think - until I see some pictures.).
Good for you!
IMG-1006
free image sharing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2021 08:19AM by dak911. (view changes)
In ibb, be sure to select the BBCode Full Link. That will give you.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I have bought and sold a lot of cars over the years...this is Boxster # 4...People laugh at me when I say that "cars talk to me" When I walk up to a used car I immediately get a message,
Most say "Walk away", but now and them I get a good message. I keep listening for the "walk away"
This one did not give me the "walk away" message
There are good ones, you buy it, then it takes a few months of driving...to really "know"
So, now I wait......
I'll be surprised if you don't love this car. I still think the 981 is the ultimate Boxster model. The new 982 GTS 4.0 is a great car. More HP and has that flat six back. For me, I don't really need the extra power. I have to keep a reign on my right foot all the time, as it is, so I can avoid interaction with the LEO's. The 4.0 engine also has the cylinder deactivation, so when you're cruising, it will alternately run on 3 cylinders. It just adds more complexity and potential $$$$ down the road.

Looking forward to hearing how you like this new one.

PS. Got any pictures of the interior?

Enjoy.
Thanks, all the other Boxsters were 6's, 2 were S's, You are right for "today's" kind of driving as a fun "go for a ride car the Base is good enough.
The 4 cylinder engines are probably faster but......
Had to be a PDK, keep "The Boss" happy, she has already taken it for 2 "rides"..../
I came home and it was gone.....smiling smiley
Yesterday was a 2 hour "cruise north on A1A along the beach....8 other P cars sighted, I wave...no one waves back....everyone used to years ago. These people are what I call the GUCCI loafer owners..."It's Just A Car",
I had someone say that to me when I commented on how close he was parked behind a pickup truck eye popping smiley
dak911
People laugh at me when I say that "cars talk to me" When I walk up to a used car I immediately get a message,

the car whisperer winking smiley

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login