Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
2009 Cayman S - 12k mi $58k w/PDK
Abe Evrens - Sunday, 20 March, 2011, at 6:57:15 pm
I have started to seriously look at getting a P-Car again and I have looked at several 911's and I keep coming back to the 987 models ....I have found a 09 model red colour which I am not crazy about and nicely optioned ....Can someone advise whether the 09 models have the IMS issues? Also, what is a reasonable price for this model car and milieage ...assume a clean car and well optioned.

thanks,

Abe-
However, the 09 is the 1st car of a new model with a new engine and other upgrades. These 1st year cars can have new model issues.

But if the car has some miles and better yet has some warranty the only issue I can think of is you are not crazy about the color. Which is just crazy!

Sorry, can't help directly with the price.

Indirectly, you can plug in the numbers at www.nada.com or www.kbb.com and see what trade-in, private sale, retail sale numbers are. These are always optimistic but it is start.

Or look for an issue (back issue) of Excellence (www.excellencemag.com IIRC) for the Boxster/Cayman used car buying guide article which covers the issues and has pricing info as well.

If the car checks out and the price is right, learn to like that color!

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Marc, thanks regarding confirmation of NO IMS issues- one of the main reasons I sold my Boxster was that I was tired of hearing the same old details around IMS issues etc .....I dont know whether I can live to like red, but love white, grey and silver .....well see I am starting out and need to get my bearings again and re-check import issues into Canada and warranty issues ... I am assuming little have changed but I hear there may be changes to warranty in Canada now? Not sure ....Abe
Re: 2009 Cayman S - 12k mi $58k w/PDK
db997S - Monday, 21 March, 2011, at 8:32:07 am
Not sure about with Porsche, but in general, used car prices have gone up. Supplies are low (people holding onto cars longer due to recession) and demand is high (people pulling back spending so going used instead of new). That's going to impact prices.

Color is a big factor. It sounds crazy, yes, but I wouldn't buy a silver or grey car. Just not my thing. With a Porsche, you want that special feeling every time you drive it and that starts with walking up to the car when it's still parked. Unless there are absolutely no '09 Caymen around and the red is the only option, then in that case, you may want to settle. Being in Canada, your Porsche season is probably short. If you hold off too long, it'll be snowing again.

Happy hunting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login