Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Interesting, the Chinese government taxes cars based on displacement. So, Porsche created a 300hp, 2.0 liter engine for its China market. Baby 718 Spyder
Basically, it sounds like an "econoSpyder". Spyder chassis with a Boxster 2.0 turbo engine. I'm sure it works for the China market.
Kind of reminds me of when Ford put a 4 cylinder in their Mustang in1974. I was not impressed...so I kept my 1973 Mach 1 351 Cleveland 4 Barrel 4 speed for a while.

I am sure the China Spyder will perform well...but not like the NA 4.0 LTR.

MIKELLIG
It was my impression that it would be the same engine as the base Boxster - 2.0 liter, 300 HP, along with the front bumper like the 718 Boxster, with the Speedster humps and Spyder convertible roof. So my guess is that it will look kind of like the Spyder from the side and back and perform like the base Boxster.
I saw some pictures in a different article from additional angles. The front and rear pieces are from the GTS. In my opinion this is an improvement and the best looking car Porsche makes. The color of this particular example is highly questionable.... For most folks 300 HP is plenty (5 more than my 987S) and this car would probably be popular if offered in the US. It is probably representative of the choice limitations we'll have in the future. Get your 4.0L polluter while you can...

2021 718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Chalk, LWBS, PCCB, 6-speed
and
2007 987 Boxster S, Speed Yellow, 6-speed
I think it will do well
Guenter in Ontario
Spyder chassis with a Boxster 2.0 turbo engine.

According to Road & Track, the chassis is the standard Boxster and not the chassis from the GT4 / Spyder.
db997S
Interesting, the Chinese government taxes cars based on displacement. So, Porsche created a 300hp, 2.0 liter engine for its China market. Baby 718 Spyder

most countries in europe tax on displacement and/or horse power. road taxes in switzerland go up very progresively, not linearly. i.e. a 2 liter car is x, a 3 liter car is 2x. that's why everyone drives diesels. i don't remember how much road tax was on my boxster was but it was not insignificant. over US1500/year IIRC. in a country like france, it was way more which is why porsches are a rare sight in france, spain, italy. even in germany, you don't see nearly as many as in so cal for example. liability insurance also based on horsepower. add the cost of very expensive gasoline on top of that and the cost of running a car is quite a bit.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 03:05PM by frogster. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login