Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hello all. I am having the door panel issue and depending on my dealer action with car under CPO, may need to send them to Pedro. Question is when I remove the door panels, do I have to leave car at that point or can I still drive it. If I take them off outside of my storage unit, will I be able to drive it back in (and out when I get them back)? Or is it also ok for longer normal driving?

Assume I can’t use window and controls, but thinking I could pull the wire to open the door?
John
When you take the panels off, make sure the windows are up.
But you can drive the car without any warning lights or error codes.
As you assume, pulling on the bowden cable will open the door.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Ok, dealer will replace the passenger side as it’s significantly bowed and since in proximity of airbag will do that at no charge under the safety concern under CPO. The driver side isn’t bowing yet, but when it does will also replace if still under CPO (which ends in 4 months). A couple winks and nods here and there, but good until the replacements warp.

John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login