Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Shipping my new 981 from near Saginaw MI to LA.
Carrier suggestions would be very much appreciated, enclosed only.
Many thanks.
Roadtrip! What better way to enjoy a new 981, isn't that what it was built for? Take the 'blue highways' rather than the interstates for the drive of a lifetime.
jlegelis
Roadtrip! What better way to enjoy a new 981, isn't that what it was built for? Take the 'blue highways' rather than the interstates for the drive of a lifetime.
\
+1
Intercity. I've used them a couple of times to ship cars cross-country, and the service was very good. Not the cheapest you will find, but worth it.
Thanks all,

Have a quote request in with Intercity.

Blue Highway? I have thought about it, but direct is 2,300 miles so maybe I'll just
read the book. Looks interesting!
Take the indirect route - make it 5000 miles. Seriously 'drive it like you stole it'...
Have used Intercity also. They were great. Another carrier is Reliable. Have not used them but 6-8 weeks ago I tried to ship my 911 to Monterey, CA but the Pebble Beach car week tied everything up and I could find no availability. When I used Intercity it took 3 weeks before they could schedule in my pickup. So plan accordingly.

Mark no longer near Chicago
Thanks Mark,

I called Reliable on Friday and they said they are currently quoting 7 weeks.

On Thursday I got a quote from Intercity for $2,795 (highest so far) with limited availabity for the next 30 days.

I have waited a long time to get this car, unfortunately it looks like I'll be waiting a little bit longer.

Now I'll have time to fix (took a rock to the windshield) and clean my old one from my trip to Monterey.
For $2Gs...
jlegelis - 2 years ago
... I'll fly to Saginaw Monday and have it in LA 3 by next Friday... just saying. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login