Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I wasn’t going to go because of an iffy weather forecast, but arose early on Saturday to see things looked better than expected - so I went to Porsche Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA - America's Oldest Car Collection.

I tried to register for the event, but it was closed. Oh well, I would just go and park in the spectator area. But, when I arrived they asked me to put it on the main lawn display. Probably there were openings as so many people had been scared off because of the forecast. Luckily, I had the car shined up and ready to go.

As usual, there was quite the display of amazing and highly valuable cars including a 918, Carrera GT, GT2, GT3RS, Paint to Sample 991 Turbo S and many 911s and 356s. It’s always a bit humbling for me to line up with this kind of P-car royalty in a Base 986, but it seems to me the model is slowly starting to gain acceptance (perhaps similar to what happened to 914s, another car I love). But really, regardless of what anyone thinks, I have a car that’s a blast to drive and puts just as big of smile on my face as anyone else!

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
I'm sorry...the images appear quite large. I certainly seem to have trouble posting pics here!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 01:43PM by grc0456. (view changes)
Pics look great Gary. I am sure Guenter will help you with the size adjustment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 02:55PM by Blackbird. (view changes)
... the AMBERS!!!!
Look how beautiful that Tangerine long-nose looks next to your Boxster.
Not only is it orange, it also keeps its AMBERS!
Great pictures, Gary.
Don't ever feel any less than the other drivers.
You're driving a Porsche just as much as the 918 guy is.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Haha, yes I did! Actually, it was one of the first things I did after getting home from FL when I bought the car (hard to believe it’s been 6 years - 9/24/15 - since that fateful day in PedrosGarage). I think the clear Euro-spec side markers look better with the clear head and tail lights on the 986.2 facelift. Easy enough to reverse if I change my mind. Good call on the Tangerine color - you are correct.

Gary

Of which I am a proud member.

Ambers are on my Arena Red.
You got a great shot of a Speedster and a roadster. The black Speedster (with the tennis balls keeping bugs out of the carbs) has been owned by the owner/driver since the mid-1970s. The blue roadster will never rust since it's fiberglass, but is a great looking car inspired by Ferry Porsche's design.
Thanks. Yes, I know Tom T. and “Blackie” from my involvement in our PCA region. He also let me, no 356 expert, know the blue car was a replica (and a very good one).

Gary

Is that a correct muffler?

Has the engine been replaced? I do not think I have seen a single exhaust setup on a 356 as original.
The black one is an ordinal car. Not sure about the exhaust. The blue 356 is a replica. Still, very beautiful.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 06:29AM by grc0456. (view changes)
He has long run that car unmuffled so that may just be a straight pipe just proving that he's more concerned with performance than strict authenticity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login