Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It's been in Pasadena, CA area it's whole life. Has about 45K miles on it.
In great shape, new Michelin Pilot Sports on it.

Arctic Silver Met/Blk top
Boxster red special leather
Sport touring package
Hard top
New convertible top cables

What's it worth? (Sticker was $52,787)

exterior

Interior
old Boxsters are bargains. If in excellent condition, maybe $12K,but many of the first gen Boxsters trade at 10 or under making them great for first time buyers who are somewhat mechanically inclined, or for high school kids in nice climates who want that cool ride for school instead of taking the bus.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2021 02:16PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
The best gauge is to view action sites like Bring a Trailer. IMHO the key variable in a 986’s value is whether the IMS has been replaced. At 45k, your mileage is very low. If you have kept up with maintenance, no leaks, good leak down test, body in good shape will help.
IMS irrelevant
Boxsterra - 2 years ago
The vast majority of prospective buyers aren't on the forums and the IMS costs way more to replace than it adds value.
If I recall correctly, all 2.5's had the dual row bearing that was much less prone to failure.
So that is a more significant point.
Unless the car has a replacement engine and the serial number on the engine should reveal that fact.
BoxsterJim
What's it worth? (Sticker was $52,787)

that depends. are you buying or selling?

and BTW, you can't publish photos directly from google photos. you need to upload them to a photo sharing service.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2021 05:20PM by frogster. (view changes)
The hardtop alone could add $500-$1500 to the value or could be sold separately.

Maintenance history is key.

eBay listed at $9900-14950 currently for good examples. The current market is crazy.

If buying, be sure you know of the deficiencies specific to the '97 model year. I'd rather have a 1999.
Thanks for all your input!

I have all the service records from Rusnak Pasadena,CA
No IMS issues to date. No leaks.

that looks sharp!
frogster - 2 years ago
good luck with the sale.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
remember that a rally good car, with a known service history, is worth much more than the incremental price it will command, while a neglected car is worth less than someone will pay, thinking they are getting a deal. 986s seem to be on the rise.

anywhere from $8k to $12K+ if its really good. That car looks sharp and the hard top adds at least $1k

Base i presume? Wonderful street and Solo1 car. I still drive my 2004 base all the time, and its my competitive car for AX/Solo sicne it classes well and despite it lack of big power, is just a ball to push to 105%

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login