Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Happy New Year
Ed B - 2 years ago
Happy New Year all! May you have a god year of Boxtering.
Rain and freezing rain in NH today.

Ed B smileys with beer
... gotten off to a worse start!
My Son-in-law, my youngest granddaughter and my daughter, my oldest son, my two oldest grandkids and my daughter in law, me and my wife all have the Corona Virus!
Only my son-in-law (who apparently started the family contagion), my oldest son and I have been hit by the COVID-19 freight train.
The others are either asymptomatic or have very mild cases.
I hope this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, 'cause I'd surely hate to have to go through this again.
Stay safe.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2022 08:12PM by Pedro (Odessa, FL). (view changes)
OMG, so sorry for you!

The omicron variant is just charging around all over the place, and we had gotten used to old protocols and old safety. I wish you and your family all the best.
So sorry to hear that you've been hit with this thing, Pedro.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
So sorry to hear that! I hope you all can quickly get whatever treatment is needed, and that everyone has a fast and full recovery.
... i have not been able to secure a test yet, but i may be coming out the other side of Covid as well.
For me a moderate, but persistent, head cold.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
How do I know if I have a cold, the flu or COVID-19?

Experts say testing is the best way to determine what you have since symptoms of the illnesses can overlap.

The viruses that cause colds, the flu and COVID-19 are spread the same way — through droplets from the nose and mouth of infected people. And they can all be spread before a person realizes they're infected.
The time varies for when someone with any of the illnesses will start feeling sick. Some people infected with the coronavirus don't experience any symptoms, but it's still possible for them to spread it.
Cough, fever, tiredness and muscle aches are common to both the flu and COVID-19, says Kristen Coleman, as assistant research professor at the University of Maryland School of Public Health. Symptoms specific to COVID-19 include the loss of taste or smell.

Common colds, meanwhile, tend to be milder with symptoms including a stuffy nose and sore throat. Fevers are more common with the flu.

Despite some false portrayals online, the viruses have not merged to create a new illness. But it’s possible to get the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, which some are calling “flurona.”

“A co-infection of any kind can be severe or worsen your symptoms altogether,” says Coleman. “If influenza cases continue to rise, we can expect to see more of these types of viral co-infections in the coming weeks or months.”
With many similar symptoms caused by the three virus types, testing remains the best option to determine which one you may have. At-home tests for flu aren't as widely available as those for COVID-19, but some pharmacies offer testing for both viruses at the same time, Coleman notes. This can help doctors prescribe the right treatment.

Laboratories might also be able to screen samples for various respiratory viruses, including common cold viruses. But most do not have the capacity to routinely do this, especially during a COVID-19 surge, Coleman says.

Getting vaccinated helps reduce the spread of the viruses. smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
So sorry to hear Pedro. Hopefully all will return to good health soon and maybe will have enhanced immunity. God bless you all!
On the bright side, vaxxed, boosted and infected = better prepared for the future. If omicron mutates into a more severe variant, you'll be better situated. That's my fear with omicron, it is a "scout" mutation that is perfecting break throughs, and it will then start to mutate into a delta like variant and really kick some butt. Good luck. Speedy recovery.
Sorry to read that Pedro, get well soon thumbs up
But you live in Florida. There is no COVID in Florida.
Just ask DeSantis. In fact, be careful claiming that you havd/had COVID, that might be illegal there too.

(Not a political post - just levity).

This COVID thing is no joke. I hope that you and yours have weathered the storm. I have several friends and acquaintances who did not make it, and several others who were wrecked for some time.
Sorry to hear, that, PBB! Wishing you and your family members a speedy recovery. This latest variant spreads so easily, and it seems that it is everywhere.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
... feeling MUCH like my old self again.
Still with congested sinuses but other than that nom other lingering effects.
Thanks for all the well wishes .... they worked!
Happy Porsche'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Great news! Hope to see you in '22! Anxiously awaiting news on BRBS.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best wishes for 2022!!
Re: Happy New Year
Vince - 2 years ago
Really great news - good to see you posting again! How are the rest of the family doing? Hopefully all "on the other side" also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login