Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Got an email from the Penske dealership in OH that the appointments are being set for the installation of those new parts--all cars in the recall range will get them.
Cars will be kept for 2 days and a loaner supplied. It sounded like the earliest appointments will be in Feb.I decided to put ours off until the end of March, since it's tucked away in a corner of the garage on casters.
Thanks for the info Mike. So far, I haven't heard anything about it from Porsche Canada. So not sure if mine is/could be one of the cars affected.
For other Canadians. Here's the website page for the rear suspension issue:
[wwwapps.tc.gc.ca]

You can also check the Porsche Canada website with your VIN:
[recall.porsche.com]
Be careful that they don’t apply the Sport + fix if you have sport Chrono. Sounds like for PDK cars they pretty much eliminate the higher shift points in Sport +.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Rear axle carrier side may fracture:
[www.nhtsa.gov]
It seems that not all the 2013 - 2015 Boxsters / Caymans are affected.

Would there be different axle carriers for different options like PDK vs manual or suspension like standard vs X73 vs PASM?

Do they have 2 or more suppliers for the same part?

Just wondering.confused smiley
Guenter in Ontario
It seems that not all the 2013 - 2015 Boxsters / Caymans are affected.

Would there be different axle carriers for different options like PDK vs manual or suspension like standard vs X73 vs PASM?

Do they have 2 or more suppliers for the same part?

Just wondering.confused smiley

Good questions.
Given the numbers of the cars affected by the recall (4K?), you'd think all cars in that production time frame would be affected but that's not the case. Hard to imagine two suppliers for this part but anything is possible.

I may have posted this earlier, but when I did a search last fall regarding the part supplier, some interesting data came up:

----------
"I looked up the name of the company on the part--Brabant Alucast Services Deutschland Gmb--and they were sold to Shiloh Ind. in the US in 2018. The plant equipment was auctioned off in 2019 :
Online Auction - Brabant Alucast Germany GmbH

Then, Shiloh went Chpt 11 in 2020 and was acquired by a private equity company called Middle Ground Capitol in last fall."
--------------
If a control in the manufacturing process was off, an inspection series done wrong, some could be affected and others not.

in casting temperature control (cooling process) is pretty important,and most critical parts are also scanned in one of various methods for voids or micro-cracks. If that was done wrong....

By thius is all speculation

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login