Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... of my new 986!

Just have to change the oil/oil filter, brake fluid and I'm done!
Haven't been able to find 15 qts of M1-15W50. Visited two Walmarts and found a 5qt just at each one. Looking for the last jug.

BTW, I call this version:

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2022 06:06PM by Pedro (Odessa, FL). (view changes)
Pedro, I think you might have used the HTMLCodes instead of the BBCodes from ImgBB. So the pictures aren't resizing to fit in the frame.
Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gotta say. WOW!

When you first mentioned the project restoring you Boxster. I was sure you were going with orange for the repaint. But what you did was way better. Original colour, but I love the orange accents - seat accents, headlight surrounds, seatbelts, shifter surround, Wolfsburg Edition. Nice new top.

Looks fantastic!.

One question. Why Wolfsburg? Why not Stuttgart?
… because that particular tartan is a color variation of an actual old Wolfsburg Edition VW Golf GTI that I truly loved!
It took me a while to order and receive it but I think it is perfect for what I wanted.

Happy Wolfsburg’ing
Perro

Pedro Bonilla

.....OK, I get it. And, since the owners live in Wolfsburg anyway, it ties in..

So another question. You had a right hand drive GTI mit Automatikgetriebe? eye popping smiley
... hat image was from a newer car than mine.
No digital cameras back then and only od knows in which of the dozens of shoe boxes there's a faded photo or a negative of the real McCoy.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Nice! That should get a feature in Panorama.
Such a labor of love.

Why 15 qts? I quess i need the rundown on what you have built? Linky to the basic plan?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... 9 for the engine.
3 for the Accusump.
2 for the oil cooler.
1 for all the oil lines connecting everything.
TOTAL = 15 qts.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Showroom quality. No oil, does that mean you haven't exercised her yet? Hope she rides even better than she looks.
... very nice!
I did raise the stance up front by 19mm so I now have to get used to that, but the powertrain is nice.
She'll be taking me to the 48 Hours at Sebring Club Race next week so we'll have plenty of time to exercise.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Nice job Pedro! I love what you did with the headlights the finger smiley
... Carlos, you are one of the headlight modification pioneers!
I remember Yellowbird.
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Wow ... awesome ride ... well done!! Alas, my daily driver is a Wolfsburg Edition ... 2014 Golf Wagon! ... not the same but it gets me through Montreal winters! Looking forward to my 18th season of top down motoring in my '99 986 this year when I expect to roll through 100,000 miles before she goes back into hibernation!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login