Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I’m attending the 24 hours of Le Mans, this is so a bucket list item. Thought this group might enjoy some pics I tools the first couple of days. I’m not a great photographer but I think there’s a couple of good ones in the group. The video, the first official race, Porsche Challenge, has a big crash. The driver walked away seemingly fine. You can hear me in the background with the “oh, oh, OH!”eye popping smiley
[share.icloud.com]

Paralizer 06 Boxster S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
thanks for sharing. other than the stig, where are all of the fans? the fan count looks like a mazda race in utah in august.
These were the qualifying and practice sessions, other than the Porsche challenge event. Those were Wednesday and Thursday. Today there was a huge increase in the number of people. The race begins at 4 PM tomorrow local time.

I can't speak for the pre-main race crowds, having arrived at my Chinetti grandstand seat just minutes before the 2014 start, but all the stands were packed, and overall attendance was 263,000. After a few hours the stands mostly emptied, but refilled toward the end of the race. If you can't get access to the Mulsanne Straight, the view from the Ferris wheel could help. The infield is very active late into the night, and there were thousands of people watching a soccer game on a jumbo tv, with the cars roaring unseen around the track.
After the race, if you're in Le Mans proper, I recommend having a glass of Calvados at one of the cafes just below Saint Julien du Mans.
Larry if you get a chance go down to the Arnage corner if you can find a shuttle to take you there. It is magical at night. My seat has always been at the Dunlop chicane. You can walk down to Tertre rouge corner there is a bar on the outside of the corner that is open. ENJOY YOURSELF.
Thanks for the tips. I was at the track til 1:30am, I outlasted my camera battery. I did go to the end of Mulsane and Arnage, both were quite the spectacle. Haven’t had a chance to download and sort new pics put I’ll put up a new link when I do.

Did you fly in to Paris and drive down?
lucky Dog! *NM*
grant - 1 year ago
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
So what an amazing experience. If you ever have the chance to attend it is so worth going. It’s actually well organized, I can’t imagine the logistics that go into the event, and it was just fantastic. I’m a bit tech challenged, so hopefully this works. I put together an album of pics and videos. Hope you enjoy them.,
[share.icloud.com]

i’m happy that you had a good time! thank you for sharing the photos and videos.
The album worked just fine - all 500+ photos! It was a great treat for us (but often one spends too much time behind the camera)

Thanks!
Larry,

Did you fly into Paris and drive down? Hope you left time to visit Paris and maybe other parts of France.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login