Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Pedro,

In the PCA Tech Q&A section, on 02/03/20, you said that the "PDK normally starts in 2d gear when in Normal or Sports Modes. It starts in 1st gear when in Sport Plus Mode."

Is that true for all model Porsches or only some? After I could not find that information in my service manual I shared your post with my (981CS) service advisor, who said it was news to him. To the best of my knowledge, my new-to-me car has always started in first gear--or first gear as indicated on the instrument panel--regardless of what mode I've selected.

Can you please put my mind at ease, or tell me as you said in your post, that my firmware needs to be checked out? Thanks.

jD
Granted, mine is an '09 Carrera S, but it starts in 1st, very short, though. Also, I use manual 99.9% of the time.
The newer PDKs have different firmware and may have "options" for the end-user.
All of the Tiptronics and as far as I know the 1st and 2nd gen PDK start in 2nd gear unless in Sport Plus or if you mash the right foot down when it will shift to 1st gear.
Sincerely,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login