Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have an '01 S and the other day I drove to work and when i got out of the car I noticed steam coming out from the front of the door jam. I looked under the car and saw it dripping quite a bit of coolant. It did have a smell to it. and when I checked the coolant level it was below the min level. I did notice the AC was not as cold as it usually gets. On the way home I did not use the AC and it ran a little hot, but when I looked at the level it did not drop any lower nor was it spilling out from under the car when I got home. The spot that is was coming out was kind of weird, it was coming from the middle of the car between the passenger cabin and the front wheels. I refilled the coolant after I got home and it has not lost any coolant.

Could this be a simple fix or something more involved. I did try to see where it was coming from but the cover is not allowing me to check.

Thanks for any help.

Michael
There are coolant lines that run from the engine to the front radiators. It's likely that one of the hoses or clamps has slipped. Even if it can be fixed in place then make sure you bleed the air out of the system.

Source: [www.autoatlanta.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login