Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Inside fuse cover of a 2007 987 Boxster. I doubt it's a fuse puller made of metal.
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]

[edited by frogster to show images in the post rather than just links. hope you don't mind, Carlos!]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2022 11:48AM by frogster. (view changes)
I actually have no idea what it is, perhaps for pulling relays? Does it say in the pamphlet?
... removing a stuck key in the ignition.

[www.youtube.com]

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
We got stuck. Tried to create a pin.
Ultimately had to send Rich out for paper clips. UGH.
... Porsche detail is the grommet on the rear trunk lid specifically designed to hold a 1 qt container of Mobil1 oil upside down so that it can drain completely.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
that is just too funny. i seemed to recall seeing that in my MY2000 boxster but thought it was just a plug of some kind. never gave it much thought. i dug up an old photo and sho-nuff, there it was!
this is one of those things that makes me think "no way!" but i guess why else would it be there? i always bought Mobil 1 in 4 (or 5?) liter jugs since it was much less expensive so i never had an opportunity to use that feature.

[edit to correct typo]

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2022 10:41PM by frogster. (view changes)
I knew someone would know. Of course not surprised by you thanksthumbs up
Gotta love Porsche for sweating the details.

My favorite 'detail' on my 986 is the little half-moon cutout on the bottom of the drivers side door strip that allows you to run a charger wire under the door without overly compressing the weather seal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login