Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Doesn't happen all the time, but many times when I start my car, it literally seems to roar to life, almost explodes with power. Happened today at lunch when I was parked in an alley between some tall buildings with the top down. Always wondered what people at work think when it happens in our underground grage. In my grage at home, if I idle a bit after start up, it seems to spit and snarl. Brings a smile to my face almost as much as driving in the twisties.
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

i often get text messages from my neighbors wishing me a nice drive, so i can enjoy it a little more knowing that they’re good sports about the rumble smileys with beer
I've been pleasantly surprised at the evolving note (voices, actually) of my 13 Boxster S. At about 40 thousand, a more resonant, deeper sound. I figured the motor had reached full maturity. Not so. At 60 thousand, there were more nuances, and more depth. By 80, even more so, with whirling, whirring, and zinging. Now, at 90+, the startup idle has a cavernous resonanance, like orchestral cellos and basses playing, along with a metallic, yet sinuous clatter and rasp. Amazing; dare I say "awesome."
Lazy, you summed it up very nicely. "Awesome" describes of the Symphony in Flat Six spot on. I'm 15K miles behind you and have lòved the sound every single mile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login