Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
It used to be that young kids in their hopped up Civics who pulled up next to me at a light and then race off on green like it was a drag race. Lately, i've noticed that it is middle-aged men in their Teslas. Happened this morning on the way to the office. He's probably on a Tesla Board right now braggin how he smoked a Porsche this morning at a traffic light. Me, it was a commercial district with crosswalks and peds, so I pull away and maintain the speed limit and pull up next to him at the next light.
Someone told me she tailgates on the NY State Thruway because her Model S has great brakes.
I told her she still can't negate the laws of physics, and it would p_ss me off if she did that to me.
Laz
Someone told me she tailgates on the NY State Thruway because her Model S has great brakes.
I told her she still can't negate the laws of physics, and it would p_ss me off if she did that to me.

Hmmmmm. In a couple of test results, stopping distance from 60 - 0
2013 Boxster S - 102 ft
2018 Tesla 3 133 ft (this after a recent upgrade by Tesla when the distance was 152 ft.)

It just takes a while to bring all that battery mass down to a stop.

So I guess she should be OK if she's tailgating an 19 wheeler.
Indeed, they are ...

[www.pedrosgarage.com]

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Nice read. When we were kids, we played street hocky, kick the can, baseball, etc., all in the street. Still remember the sky blue (not exact name) TR 6 that would drive past, of course, after every kid playing yelled "Caaaarrrrrr." Used to watch it until I could no longer see it. Neighbor's relative had a Kermmett the Frog colored 914 4. Used to drool over it even though older kids dissed it for the VW engine. Still love cars. Now Ford doesn't even make them, they make trucks/SUVs. The Focus hatched was a fun car to drive.
That 814 might be worth up to 10 times its original price today even with its VW engine. (had a '70, still follow the ads)
The hot car in SCCA autocross in the Super Street class is a Tesla!
We can all coexist peacefully
Boxsterra
We can all coexist peacefully
I am not sure we can. The states are beginning the process to outlaw our cars. California is the most public, but various states have floated proposals.
The fuel companies have taken notice.
There will be very real fallout in the next 20 or so years. There is genuine antagonism already and I really think a lot of what is being discussed is ill conceived. But what do I know.
I just enjoy the car while I can and hope I will not care when it gets banned because I can no longer get in and out or whatever.
What I meant
Boxsterra - 1 year ago
is that people who enjoy gas cars and people who enjoy electric cars don't need to fight each other. Each one has advantages and disadvantages, even in the sports card realm.

On your point, state governments are trying to jumpstart the electric car industry but once electric cars are clearly cheaper and better for most people, mandates will be completely unnecessary.

♫ "My uncle has a country place that no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm before the motor law..." ♫
Re: What I meant
frogster - 1 year ago
Boxsterra

♫ "My uncle has a country place that no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm before the motor law..." ♫

exactly what came to my mind!

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
To clarify:
Laz - 1 year ago
It doesn't matter to me if the tailgater is a Plymouth Voyager, or a Taycan, or a Dodge Ram. The behavior is thoughtless at "best," but likely some combination of being rude, arrogant, and dangerous. I can see hugging a bit close to a left lane bandit, but even then, one should hope a couple quick high beam flashes could be enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login