Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hi all

Couple of issues affecting the fun of my 2003 Boxster S ... the radio and my heated seats aren't working.

Radio: When I turn the car on, it's making a clicking sound like there's a scratched CD spinning in there. Only problem is, there's no CD in there. Also, the radio itself isn't working either (AM or FM). It continually cycles through this loop. This leads me to believe either the radio is shot or there's some electrical issue?
Video

Heated Seats: When I click the driver's side heated seat, the red light just comes on for a second and then goes off. I can't get it to stay on, and the seats never heat up. The passenger side seat works fine.
Video

Not sure if these two issues are related to each other. Note that I have checked the fuses on both.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2022 04:59PM by hoppy44. (view changes)
excellent that you added lots of details and the videos. no help with the radio. for the seats, swap switches. if the problem persists, then a short with the driver heating element?
Heater: The driver's seat has (probably) has broken lead inside the seat bottom or at the hinge axis.
RadioL: No idea.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login