Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... very sad indeed.
One of our very own, one off our founding members, one of my best friends and a great friend to many here, has passed away: Gary Hellman (Gary in SoFl).
He had been battling cancer for some time.
He fought hard, but in the end, cancer took him.
RIP my brother.
Happy Mooney'ing and Porsche'ing forever!

GaryHellman.jpg

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2023 10:26AM by Pedro (Odessa, FL).(view changes)
very sad indeed
frogster - 1 year ago
i fondly remember meeting you and gary in florida years ago. a very nice memory.
this is really sad. i'm very sorry for your loss pedro. i know how you two were good friends.
i'm sure i can speak for many here in saying that we will truly miss you gary. rest in peace.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Here's some pictures from that day, frogster ....

IMG-7392

IMG-20120211-00025

robert-pedro

I remember it well too.

Hope we can do it again.

Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

.... like this one which was a flight to anywhere to have breakfast.
Gary would call on a Saturday morning and ask, are you hungry? Where do you want to have breakfast? Meet me at the Perry Airport and we'll figure it out.

photo1

We also travelled together such as a visit to Alaska with our significant others.

PICT1861

PICT1812

... and then there's got to be a million photos from BRBS and many other Porsche gatherings.

Thanks for the good times Gary. I'll miss them dearly.

Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Re: Sad News ...
SMILIN - 1 year ago
i’m sorry for your loss pedro. rip gary. it’s a good reminder that real people are behind these keyboards.
Re: Sad News ...
nobox - 1 year ago
Nickel on the grass.
RIP
I had to research his board ID to confirm his identity.. I didn't realize he was Gary in SoFl.

May he RIP.
Very sad news. I didn't know Garythat well, but the few times I talked to him at BRBS I recall him making me laugh. Condolences to his family.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
I too knew Gary from here on Pedros's forum, as well as from PPBB. We met at several BRBS events. In addition to cars, Gary also enjoyed watches. I never knew the full extent of his military service, so thanks for sharing, Pedro. I just made a donation to the guide dog organization. Deepest condolences to his wife and family.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login