Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
2012 Boxster and Caymen arriving
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 14 April, 2011, at 12:10:49 am
It looks like 2012 Boxsters and Caymans are arriving. They're showing up in dealer inventory, but not a whole lot of information.

Only significant thing I noticed is that the non S is showing up with a 5 speed instead of 6 speed. No other technical info is showing up. So likely cars are on their way to the dealers, but not yet arrived.

Just a couple of examples.

[hennessy.porschedealer.com]

[pfaff.porschedealer.com]

Anyone see any other new info anywhere?
Re: 2012 Boxster and Caymen arriving
jwdbox - Thursday, 14 April, 2011, at 8:36:59 am
Does CURVEN8R know you are looking winking smiley ? cool smiley
Re: 2012 Boxster and Caymen arriving
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 14 April, 2011, at 8:55:24 am
jwdbox
Does CURVEN8R know you are looking winking smiley ? cool smiley

Just keeping informed. smiling smiley

Just found it interesting that they're going back to the 5 speed for the Boxster and wondering what other changes are taking place behind the seats. confused smiley Wondering if it's that rumoured turbo 4 banger.

Somehow, Symphony in Turbo 4 Banger has a strange ring to it. sad smiley grinning smiley - not sure which one applies. confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 08:56AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Base has a 6-speed I'm sure....
AS2003 - Thursday, 14 April, 2011, at 10:04:53 pm
I'm sure the base has a 6-speed. For some reason Porsche never changed the web data for the base from a 5-speed to a 6-speed with the turnover to the 987.2 in 2009.
Re: Base has a 6-speed I'm sure....
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 15 April, 2011, at 7:47:10 am
AS2003
I'm sure the base has a 6-speed. For some reason Porsche never changed the web data for the base from a 5-speed to a 6-speed with the turnover to the 987.2 in 2009.

You could be right. I was just wondering with all the rumours about turbo 4's in the Boxster to improve fuel economy and emissions, that maybe they might also go back to a 5 speed.

Time will tell.
surprised if the baby Boxster with the 4-cylinder engine, if the car does see light of day (rumor suggests it will), to see the car fitted with a PDK only with its 7-speeds.

Porsche (and other EU car makers) love these types of transmissions because they are fitted with a very mpg/CO2 friendly shift map which is one reason why if not overruled by teh driver the PDK will be in 7th gear PDQ.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login