Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
P Cars & Thanksgiving in Budapest Hungary
Jeff (Philly) - Saturday, 27 November, 2010, at 3:48:15 pm
My wife and I spent Thanksiving week in Budapest and we are still here in the apartment we rented. Last night Budapest had its first snowfall of the year decorating everything in white. This morning I went out to get breakfast rolls at the local market and took this photo that made me think of you guys. The Porsche here is only the second I have seen in the time we have been here. This is a great place to visit with a long amazing history and numerous historic archtectural sights.

This photo was taken at 9:00 AM CET on Nov 27, 2010 by the Margit bridge tram stop on the Buda side of the Danube river. If it weren't for Pedro's Board I wouldn't have anywhere appropriate to post it.

Thank's Pedro and Thanks Stefan for supporting the new board and getting my log in to work!
Happy Holidays. smileys with beer

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 03:51PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Re: P Cars & Thanksgiving in Budapest Hungary
Tino - Saturday, 27 November, 2010, at 8:32:01 pm
Thanks for the post, and for bringing some memories back. I was in Budapest about 12 years ago with my in-laws, who are of Hungarian descent. We looked for and found the old family homes (mother and father-in-law) in some small towns to the east of the city. We drove across Europe from Paris, and it was a great drive. I had the family with me, so I could not take the Porsche, but still enjoyed the ride. I do not remember any Porsches in the country at the time. In fact, we saw few P-cars along the way, even in Germany. My biggest memory? The taxi fare from our hotel to the downtown area on the other side of the river was different every day, sometimes by a factor of two! It became a joke trying to guess what the fare was going to be every trip.
Budapest Transportation
Jeff (Philly) - Sunday, 28 November, 2010, at 2:56:01 am
We haven't used a Taxi. We bought a seven day pass to use the combination Metro, Tram and Bus system. The system is excellent and you can freely hop on and off when you like and go just about everywhere in minutes. We have only had to show our passes a couple of times to inspectors.
Thanks for sharing Jeff *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 27 November, 2010, at 9:18:42 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 28 November, 2010, at 10:42:28 am
Thanbks for sharing your "cool" pictures. winking smiley Brrrrr feeling with that s**w on the Porsche (Or anywhere else).

I've never been to Bidapest, but I imagine that, like many European cities, it has a well organized transit system, making it easy to get around the the city. And, that seems to be your experience.

Do they have any pedestrian zones in the down town like in many European cities? That often makes it impractical to drive yourself as parking is very limited in the core areas.
Jeff (Philly) - Sunday, 28 November, 2010, at 12:06:28 pm
Guenter
Yes there are pedestrian areas, parking is limited and you definitely would not want to rent a car and drive here. One top pedestrian street is Váci Utca [www.budapest-tourist-guide.com]. At this time of year Vörösmarty Square at the end of Váci Utca is set up as a Christmas Fair / Market with many stalls selling a numerous variety of goods and food including Rooster Testicle Stew, apparently a local delicacy. [www.budapest-tourist-guide.com]

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 12:52PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 28 November, 2010, at 1:04:42 pm
Yes, I think the Christmas Fairs and markets seem to be popular in Europe as well, more so than here, with lots of arts and crafts. Lots of sights to see. Bet you're really enjoying the time. As far as local delicacies - I think I'd be inclinded to stick with more traditional foods. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login