Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Thanksgiving Road Trips?
Tom F. - Sunday, 28 November, 2010, at 10:12:25 am
Returned last night from an 1100 mile trip from the DC area to Falmouth Maine for a family Thanksgiving. Took my 21 year old son as co-driver, and we had a great time, except for the no-radio issue. We actually had to talk. smiling smiley

This was the first relatively long trip in my 2000 2.7, and I really enjoyed it. I recently got a hardtop off Craigslist, and all was quiet and peaceful during the drive. Mostly I set the cruise at about seventy something and the miles just flew by. Seats were great, all very comfortable. I think for that distance, a ten hour drive,it beats air travel, with transport to the airport, waiting in lines, cattle calls, connecting flights etc.

Anybody else out there doing the road thing? I didn't see you. I was pretty amazed at how few PorschesI saw, including none on the road. There was a mid seventies couple parked in a gas station in New Jersey, a red Cayman in a driveway in Barrington RI, and a Boxster with VA plates under cover in a driveway immediately next to the beach in Falmouth. I hope that last one isnt sitting there all winter!

Tom F.
my folks. According to my Garmin GPS that's about a 1600 mile one way drive.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login