Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Air Bag Lite?
EZ AIRE - Monday, 29 November, 2010, at 9:53:09 am
The other day, out of the blue and for absolutely no apparent reason, My Air Bag light came on. I tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins with no luck. Anyone have any ideas where to go next to find out why this is happening? What is the troubleshooting procedure, if any? Or do I need someone with a better OBDII then I have?
Re: Air Bag Lite?
jwdbox - Monday, 29 November, 2010, at 9:56:03 am
One possibility might be that the passenger seat is moved too far back up against the firewall, that can set the light off on 987s.
Re: Air Bag Lite?
EZ AIRE - Monday, 29 November, 2010, at 10:03:13 am
I'll give it a shot. I will let you know.
Once the Airbag Warning Light is tripped...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 29 November, 2010, at 10:45:31 am
... even if you repair the cause that triggered the light, the only way to turn it off is using a PST-II, PIWIS or Durametric tool.
Disconnecting the battery will not do it.
The light can be triggered by any small variation in impedance or resistance in the airbag's electrical circuit.
It could be a faulty belt buckle, an issue with the wiring, an electrical connector, etc.
Plugging in one of the aforementioned tools can guide you in the correct direction.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Once the Airbag Warning Light is tripped...
EZ AIRE - Monday, 29 November, 2010, at 1:44:19 pm
Thanks. I tried to move the seat around, with no luck. I will be around my Indy tomorrow or Wednesday and have it checked.
Re: Once the Airbag Warning Light is tripped...
EZ AIRE - Thursday, 2 December, 2010, at 10:36:27 pm
I got to the Indy yesterday and they pluged into the problem....the Driver's side Seat Belt threw the light. I just replaced that thing about 8 months ago....so they reset the light and so far so good....anyone else had this problem after replacing the belt do-hickie?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login