Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Bravo to Karl and Ron
Boxsterra - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 9:35:58 pm
This year's BRBS was a blast. We were at a new venue that had better outdoor space for socializing, was sandwiched between two amazing driving roads, and was a nice change of pace. The staff was friendly.

The track time on Bristol was great fun.

There were several coordinated excursions, most of which which I did not have time to go to but I heard people really enjoyed.

I'll post a few pictures as soon as I am combobulated.
Oh, and...no rain! *NM*
Boxsterra - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 9:37:39 pm
Is that like being gruntled? *NM*
Laz - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 11:11:35 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Re: Bravo to Karl and Ron
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 5 June, 2011, at 11:46:39 pm
I also want to express my gratitude to Karl and Rob for doing such a masterful job of putting all this together and making it better every time.
I always wonder how can it get any better?... but it always does.
I just arrived in Tampa to drop off my son, and I'll sleep over before going back home tomorrow.
The only bad part about BRBS is that we now must wait a full yearn again!
It was great seeing all of the old friends and many new ones.
I was sorry that the water pump didn't arrive in time for our "royal couple", but they've made arrangements to get it fixed on Monday.
I too will post photos soon and a couple of videos chasing the Spyder on 226A and at Bristol in a few weeks after I edit them and add some music.
We raised some funds for the Board by selling PB (PedrosBoard) hats that were extremely popular.
You'll probably see many of the BRBS attendees wearing them in the photos which will soon be posted.
This next week they will also be available to any PB member who wishes to purchase one or more.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I also want to ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 12:28:56 am
... shout a big THANK YOU to all of the other BRBS'ers who help make it happen, especially to Nell and Mary.
You ladies ROCK!
Also, to all of our sponsors, in particular, to Bert Smith Porsche of St. Petersburg, FL, represented by David Wilson who brought a 2011 Basalt Black Boxster Spyder with PDK and let BRBS'ers go and play with it.
From my side, a heartfelt thanks to Stefan and Maurice who always are so generous with their time and give up their Saturday to help put together the BRBS Garage where we repair, reprogram, install, etc.
See you all (and more) next year.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

This year's event was smooth, crisp, and seamlessly run. Thanks to Karl, Nell, Ron, Mary, Pedro, and Stefan for your event planning skills!

So many new faces this year as well. It was great meeting all the new folks. And renewing friendships with BRBS veterans.

The hotel, and staff, were awesome. Gary is a dead-ringer for Brian Cashman, lol!!

Loved the outdoor bar(s)!, and the inviting lawn and patio areas. The outdoor, 'open air' dinner event on Friday evening was spectacular. Only to be outdone by Saturday's astounding dinner!!

What can I say about Bristol Motor Speedway? Finally, after 11 years of 986 ownership, I got a chance to drive my Boxster on a racetrack!

The Fun Run was fresh and original, lunch was great, and I utilized Saturday to re-visit Blowing Rock and Grandfather Mountain.

Thanks all for a truly amazing BRBS weekend!

Best regards, -Rick.
Sorry I missed it again
Red_Lightnin! - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 3:36:18 pm
I miss all my friends.

I am hoping I can make it happen next year.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Yeah
Boxsterra - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 3:53:14 pm
I was hoping you would make it.
You should be!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 6:52:51 pm
... you don't know what you missed, John.
This year Kevin The Slow filled in for the Red Car in our Red, White and Blue Run.
Make sure you're there next year.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

I had the same thought as Red Lightenin'
Meredith in Atlanta - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 3:56:51 pm
I was thinking about BRBS on and off throughout the weekend (Juliette's Facebook posts were very welcome, even though they made me feel a little sentimental smiling smiley )

I hope to get to a future BRBS - I miss this group of people immeasurably!
Pedro Bonilla

Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 8:55:08 pm
I don't know how Karl and Ron do it. Every year, BRBS gets better and better. What a beautiful location, having the Diamondback in our back yard, the food was great. All the activities were fun and enjoyed by everyone to whom I talked.

I loved the idea of the umbrellas. I think we should get them again next year. WOW! Couldn't believe the weather. Drove topless the whole time.

I GREAT BIG thank you from north of the border to Karl, Ron, Nell, Mary, Pedro, Maurice, the staff at Little Switzerland and all the others who helped out.

Just not sure how you're going to top this one.
Roger987 - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 9:59:30 pm
I second that, Guenter. It was my first BRBS and it was fantastic, for all the reasons you mentioned.

I'd like to add a great big thank you to Guenter and Michele for doing an outstanding job of organizing the Biltmore trip. From the goodie bags to the detailed instructions, it was a top-notch outing, from start to finish.

And, for those who haven't driven with Guenter, let me tell you, he is SMOOTH. Smooth = fast.. I was lucky enough to be behind him on one of he Diamondback runs and his style was inspirational. He does his Boxster proud.
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 6 June, 2011, at 11:22:13 pm
Hey Roger,

This guys was setting a pretty good pace too. winking smiley

+1 Kudos to Guenther and Michelle!
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Tuesday, 7 June, 2011, at 8:49:58 am
Great job- you must be taking lessons from Karl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login