Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
987 oil filter question for the 2.7L
MikenOH - Wednesday, 1 December, 2010, at 10:38:23 pm
A friend of mine has a 05 987 2.7L and picked up a oil filter at a dealership --last numbers 225-53--and he reported the opening in filter was too small to fit over the pickup. He replaced it with a 225-60 and it works.

Going through a few work orders on our 06 2.7L the dealership noted the 225-53 filter being used..

I looked up the listing of filters on Pelican Parts and the 225-53 are show on the 2007-08 car; the 225-60 goes in the 05/06 model.

Hmm, so I've had the wrong filter on this car all this time?

The manual says nothing regarding the filter number; any 05/06 2.7L owners out there that can verify what oil filter was used on their car?
thanks..
There are different ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 2 December, 2010, at 9:42:06 am
... catalog numbers, but if you put a bit more pressure while twisting the 225-53 filter will fit.
The lip is not rigid and gives. I kind of like the fact it fits much tighter than the 225-60.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: There are different ...
MikenOH - Thursday, 2 December, 2010, at 11:33:58 am
Thanks, Pedro; BTW, there is an order for the technobrace coming your way in the near future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login