Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Finally finished some long-planned body mods/refreshing by painting and installing some of the parts I've been collecting over the last couple of years.

Thanks to Whall for the extra set of bumperettes, to Gundo for the always valued words of encouragement, to Steve (986RGT) for the RUF bumper guidance, to Boxtaboy for "design inspiration",, to Stefan for some "tweaks" on the fit of the bumpers, and to Larry (friend/client who owns a body shop in Bellmore, NY) for letting me use his paint booth on the weekends.

With patience and some experience over time, spraying parts is not that difficult, but it is definitely painstaking in the various prep stages. I primed all of the flexible parts with SpectraPrime color-family-matched primer to see how much of an improvement it might be on the usual rock chips that mar the front bumper. and parts of the front hood and fenders. 1651 miles to, at, and from BRBS don't so far seem to have had an effect, but it's still early to tell. The parts could not be waxed for protection because they still had not "cured" completely from the inside (the VOC's have to have to path to evaporate so that the lower layers are as chemically solid as the higher, closer to the surface, layers, including the color coats and clear coats.

I've got tons of photos of the process, but I will post some before, during, and after photos as soon as I can "develop" them...

I can tell you one thing without fear of contradiction...It sure made BRBS that much more enjoyable AND I'm already counting the days of the countdown to BRBS 2012... For those of you who have waited, or hoped, or had to deal with this or that...Make plans, get the necessary child care arrangements in place (i.e., whatever it takes) and get cracking!
You will not regret it...grinning smiley

Regards, Maurice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 04:59PM by MauriceonLongIsland. (view changes)
Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Re: So, when will it be ready for viewing?
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 4:26:55 pm
It's top secret.

Those of us who were at BRBS got to see it already. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time. cool smiley
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 10:34PM by Leor ('09S, North of Boston). (view changes)
The front plate was particularly challenging because of its low-to-the ground position.
man-datory to have a "K", "Car" or "Qu" prepositional or oppositional syllable comprising a part of the un-tire nom!
enclature...

Ergo, past goodies (id est, Oldies but Goodies), which remind me of ewe, have included the likes of Oskar, a/k/a Os-car, and Es-Car-Got (with a silent TEA at the end because its demise was in the English vernacular of the countryside), and Carruthers, for yet another example.... and even "Car-Sun" or Carson for a 1972 BMW 2002tii with a "Tudor Webasto" brand of retractable cloth sunroof mechanism and top. But, I digress...

It has just come to me out of the deep dark knight... (wait for it,,,, Wait for it.........)....

Ladies and Germs, I put this list up for your kind consideration and approval....Kindly vote and let me know if my out of the blue instincts are correct yet again: smiling bouncing smiley

1 .Mr.Kotter (pronounced a la "Welcome back, Kotter character)
2. Carter
3. Quarter
4. Quarter
5.....Qarter
6. Karter
7. Alacarte
8. Count AlucarD (has no reflection in the mirror, etc.)
9. Klowy (with the punctuation added in by Sharpie et, al
10.........Qartar tongue sticking out smiley
11. CarpalTunnelSyndi (a bit long-winded, I know)

The reward will be a measly peek at the process by which this metamorphosis was accomplished (and I'm sorry to be Springing this on you all as a "fait-accompli), but there was no other option.

If there are not enough votes, I'll just resort to drinking smiley smileys with beer and start all over again, perhaps this time with a more "Beach Boys" theme!!!

Regards, Maurice.
Man, this reads like Beat poetry! *NM*
Laz - Friday, 1 July, 2011, at 12:51:59 am
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login