Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Concerning quotes and copyrights
Laz - Friday, 11 March, 2011, at 9:27:38 pm
Most quotes I use are from famous people or are otherwise well-known, at least in some circles. (Eg: quotes from movies or adages by philosophers.) Now that the discussion of copyright infringement has come to the fore, aside from it already being in the rules, I'm wondering how to determine what's in the public domain or otherwise legally exempt.
You can ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 11 March, 2011, at 10:21:48 pm
... include a quote (I do at the bottom of my signature).
That's not copyright infringement.
What you cannot do is cut and paste copyrighted material (someone else's intellectual or artistic property) on this or any other website or publication.
You can make a reference to an article or publication, you can even paraphrase it, but you cannot duplicate it.
Also, make sure that the images you use are yours, including your avatar otherwise we will have to remove them.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks, Pedro...
Laz - Saturday, 12 March, 2011, at 10:04:41 am
Do you think it's gonna be tricky concerning posting links to sites that might illegally be using copyrighted material?
It seems odd, too, that signatures can be ok. Does proper attribution make the difference?

By the way, do you know the difference between unlawful and illegal?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 10:07AM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login