Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Thought I'd ask... Durametric recoding @ BRBS?
Cris - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 12:07:49 pm
Will there be someone with the Durametric (full version) at this year's event? I'd like to get the side-markers coded to serve as directional indicators. Thanks & see everyone in a month!
I'll bring my ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Sunday, 29 April, 2012, at 12:25:13 pm
... PST-II, so lets hope someone can bring a Durametric System to the event.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Ok, so I have the professional version of the Durametric cable/software, so I can bring it with me. However, I've not really done ANYTHING with it, so may take a little time to figure things out, but if you are around for the tech session on Saturday, I'll be glad to hook it up, and let's take a look at it. Would love to learn more about what it can do. I've just not had the time to dig into it yet. I'll be the 2003 Boxster S, all Black, lowered, so hunt me down. Definitely would be interested in doing this. Since it is the professional version, no VIN restrictions. I'll also have my laptop with the latest software installed, so we should be ready to go.

Mark
thanks Mark!
Cris - Thursday, 10 May, 2012, at 9:35:22 pm
I'll bring the list of things you can do with the durametric.... and a beer for your help. :-)

I'll be in a yellow 987 boxster s with black wheels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 09:37PM by lithium1330. (view changes)
Re: thanks Mark!
Mark from SC - Friday, 11 May, 2012, at 7:58:54 am
Great - looking forward to it. See you in about 3 weeks!
Re: Thought I'd ask... Durametric recoding @ BRBS?
chrismmm - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 6:35:40 pm
Reading about this now at PBs site? Is this limited to certain range of years boxster?

ChrisMullins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2012 06:40PM by chrismmm. (view changes)
chrismmm
New PB/Boxster owner here out of Buford Ga. I have already looked thru the roles of members and see at least four people from the ATL area. Just dropping in to say hello. The BRBS sounds like a blast and I am pretty sure I will be working that week/weekend. However If I free up I may join/register late and see you guys up there. I would hate to wait another year or 6 months for the next GTG.

Regards,

Chris Mullins
07 986
No mods yet but cant wait to start this summer.

Hi Chris. First, welcome to the world off Porsches and specially Boxsters. (Does that "mmm" in your name stand for the sound you make when admiring your car? smiling smiley ) Beautiful, aren't they. Looks like you've got yours all shined up. When you're out driving with the top down, be prepared for that severe case of Permagrin. There's no cure - when you stop, you just have to take it out for another spin.

Just and FYI, your 07 is a 987. (986's where 97 - 04)

Hope you can make it to BRBS, if not this year, than next. You will have a blast. Great people, cars and Boxster roads.
chrismmm - Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, at 8:41:53 pm
Thank you Sir! 987 it is!
I saw an add in Excellence that said the Durametrics software would work on cars up to model year 2008.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
You can check durametric's site...
Cris - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 12:23:54 am
but I believe durametric will work on cars from the late 90's to present. And PST-2 that Pedro mentioned is up to 2004 (I believe).
Mark from SC - Thursday, 17 May, 2012, at 3:22:10 pm
Site says 1997 - 2010...
It would be nice if it worked w/ my '09. I'd like to disable the trunk buttons unless the car is powered on, but don't know if it is possible.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
I looked at the available coding module,...
Cris - Friday, 18 May, 2012, at 7:43:03 pm
but it doesn't look like what you're looking for is an option. I assume you don't want people to open your trunks when you have the top/windows down?

Some of the standard coding are in the manual. E.g., the manual (in 2008) talks about coding to auto-lock when car is moving. I had my dealer re-code this when I took delivery of the car.
Other published (tested by other owners) coding include comfort windows (open/close windows by holding the keyfob), enable directional signal for side markers (from factory, your side markers don't blink), some people want to turn off seat belt chime.
Some of these are un-tried/untested... so, it depends on how bold you're in making these changes. Supposedly you can code the computer for comfort soft top (I don't know if that means you can use the remove to open/close the soft-top??).
Re: I looked at the available coding module,...
Mark from SC - Saturday, 19 May, 2012, at 12:25:27 pm
Where did you find this list of things you can code? Just would like to take a look.
Cris - Saturday, 19 May, 2012, at 5:29:00 pm
there are couple of screen shots between these two articles:

[www.planet-9.com]

[www.planet-9.com]

These are on the 987's. Do you see the same set of screen/options when you plug into your car? I'll google and let you know what I find for the 986's.
Mark from SC - Sunday, 20 May, 2012, at 8:28:24 am
Thanks - I'll hook it up this next weekend, so I am at least familiar with the screens. I have 6.1.1.5 installed, but have downloaded 6.2.1.1, which was the latest on their site. I suspect, since my Boxster S has basic options, I won't see as many options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login