Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Immediately after leaving the parking lot at BRBS my GPS said to turn left. I did, but apparently I took the wrong left. I ended up on the parkway going south. About 10 min later, not knowing, my GPS went out and I think I missed my turn. Not knowing where I was or how to get back to Charlotte, I just kept driving. ..... 2 hours later I ended up in Asheville where I found and interstate and my GPS started to work again. It was a beautiful drive, but the worse part was driving behing someone who would not go above 30 mph and refused to pull over.

I never let my mother know that we were lost, she would have paniced and made things worse. I told her afterwards. I didn't get the best look from her.

Thanks to all for a wonderful time. It was great to see old friends and meet new smiling smiley

Joanne
Joanne, it was great having you around...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 3 June, 2013, at 10:40:54 am
... I bet you really missed your old car and dreamed about your new one.
Happy Waiting,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
it did .... the waiting will be harder now
Joanne in OC - Monday, 3 June, 2013, at 1:21:15 pm
I missed you and didn't get the wind thing for my new car. I forgot to go to the session in the afternon and thought I would have seen you Sunday morning, but never did...... Also, I only had carry-on for the flight back home and not sure how big the box was to fit into my bag.

I'll keep in touch and order soon

Joanne
Glad you made it on time. Dianne and I really enjoyed spending time with you and your mom. See you next year!
She won't be able to make it next year. At 81, she said this was her last trip. She was having a little difficulty getting around.

She said she was glad to make it with me and meet alot of the people I've spoken about over the years. You were so gracious to take the time and visit. She enjoyed meeting so many different people and hearing of so many stories.

Thank you all very much
Joanne
Great to meet you, Joanne. We can "keep each other company" as we wait for our 981's.

Glad you finally made it to Charlotte. Sounds like the same driver we had in front of us on Saturday was still cruising the PRP on Sunday. grinning smiley

It took us a little over 14 hours to get home, including stops for gas, a lunch stop and one for dinner. Some heavy rains in TN, VA and WV slowed us down a bit. They sure showed just how water tight these Boxsters are, though.
I finally made it home to California.
Joanne in OC - Monday, 3 June, 2013, at 8:38:57 pm
Sorry to hear about all the storms everyone had to endure. Was in Charlotte last night and survived the storm (I was asleep in a bed). When I arrived home today the weather was the same as it was at BRBS on Friday during the Fun Run. I was going to insert a picture from my backyard when I got home, but I can't figure out how to do it. I think I had better learn soon so I can post pics when I get my car smiling smiley

BTW, being at BRBS made me very impatient about having to wait. I was so jealous of everyone. But, it was fun to be riding around and getting the feel again.

Joanne
Joanne .....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 4 June, 2013, at 9:40:31 am
... the instructions on how to post photos are on the Home page, at the top.
You'd better start practicing because we will demand to see photos of your much awaited 981!
Glad to hear you made it back fine.
Happy waiting,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
JoAnne, Great to meet you and your mother. She was alot of fun on our drive. Van
Thank you Van for taking her.
Joanne in OC - Monday, 10 June, 2013, at 8:48:39 pm
I think she felt very comfortable with you because you spent quite a bit of time and spoke with her at the fire pit the first evening. We were looking for you Sunday morning before we left, but couldn't find you.

She had fun on the drive, she felt welcome and everyone was helpful and friendly. Her main comment was "they don't go very fast. Only got up to 50 mph." She's ridden with me when I've gone quite a bit faster. She had such a good time, she even sent me a thank you note in the snail mail smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login