Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
For those coming to BRBS from the north, if you're taking the Blue Ridge Parkway.

There's a 7 mile section closed from mile marker 298 (about 6 mi. south of Blowing Rock) to mile marker 305 (Grandfather Mountain entrance). It's scheduled to reopen on May 25th. Let's hope they stay on schedule, so it won't affect any BRBSers

You can check the status here.
[www.nps.gov]
Guenter in Ontario
For those coming to BRBS from the north, if you're taking the Blue Ridge Parkway.

There's a 7 mile section closed from mile marker 298 (about 6 mi. south of Blowing Rock) to mile marker 305 (Grandfather Mountain entrance). It's scheduled to reopen on May 25th. Let's hope they stay on schedule, so it won't affect any BRBSers

You can check the status here.
[www.nps.gov]

As of May 26th, Google maps shows the BRP section open, but the BRP website says that the section will remain closed until after Memorial Day because weather has delayed paving at Linville Cove viaduct.

Also, 221 that runs parallel to this section of BRP is closed until at least 11 PM tonight.
Since I seem to have had the shortest commute, I felt like I needed to get a taste of BRP as part of BRBS. On the way home today, we picked it up at its southern terminus off US 441 just north of Cherokee, NC and took it to US 74/Smoky Mountain Expressway which is only 10 minutes from my home. It was a nice leisurely drive stuck behind a slow car, but didn’t really care. The detour onto the BRP probably added 45 minutes to my drive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login