Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Email just went out this afternoon from the organizers (insert cry emoji). Refunds on deposits (made on 2020 event) will be going out over the next few weeks. Possibility of a "mini-BRBS" in the fall, conditions allowing.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
... the Boardwalk Reunion in Jersey Shore (October?).
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Let's do...
grc0456 - 3 years ago
Pedro (Odessa, FL)
... the Boardwalk Reunion in Jersey Shore (October?).
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

I’m game. It was fun in 2019. Assume you are presenting again? But, there’s no good driving roads around there!

Gary

Yes. It was a disappointment to hear about BRBS being cancelled again. I think the organizers are being cautious as a number of participants might not feel comfortable getting together in large numbers yet. Also, not even sure when the Canada / USA border will reopen. At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

That said, I've posted a short video on Youtube about the Wolf Mountain Winery Fun Run from 2019. Karl the owner is a real Porsche guy and owns quite a few cars, all of them unique, like the black 356 cab you'll see in the video, which was owned by Olivia Newton John when she was filming "Grease". I'm sure you'll remember some of this, Gary.

[youtu.be]
Guenter in Ontario
Yes. It was a disappointment to hear about BRBS being cancelled again. I think the organizers are being cautious as a number of participants might not feel comfortable getting together in large numbers yet. Also, not even sure when the Canada / USA border will reopen. At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

That said, I've posted a short video on Youtube about the Wolf Mountain Winery Fun Run from 2019. Karl the owner is a real Porsche guy and owns quite a few cars, all of them unique, like the black 356 cab you'll see in the video, which was owned by Olivia Newton John when she was filming "Grease". I'm sure you'll remember some of this, Gary.

[youtu.be]

Yep, I remember. Karl was great host. I saw where there was a PCA club event scheduled there for this year. That was a fun day, and driving 180 was great. It's always nice to hear CURVEN8R's PSE in action!

Gary

Great memories, can't wait until the next one
Please keep us informed. I attended BRBS in 2013 and 14 and absolutely loved it. Had to relocate to Texas, so I did the PCA Palooza event in Eureka Springs, AR for 2 years, and although it was great, it wasn't quite the same thing. I just relocated from TX to NW SC, near the Blue Ridge Mountains, so I'm most interested in attending again, once this event starts up again.
StilettoPat
Please keep us informed. I attended BRBS in 2013 and 14 and absolutely loved it. Had to relocate to Texas, so I did the PCA Palooza event in Eureka Springs, AR for 2 years, and although it was great, it wasn't quite the same thing. I just relocated from TX to NW SC, near the Blue Ridge Mountains, so I'm most interested in attending again, once this event starts up again.

I suggest you get on the master mailing list by contacting planners@brbs.org. That way, you'll be notified when they announce anything. I'm still holding out hope for a fall event.

Gary

Word just went out that BRBS will again be cancelled in 2023. I had heard it though the grapevine this was a possibility, but - sadly - it's now true - with the reason being the new (as yet to be announced) venue didn’t have the capacity for our event this year. Plans for a “1,000%” certain 2024 event at the new venue are expected to go out in the very near future, so keep an eye out (and get on the master mailing list to be certain you are notified).

What’s a Boxster lover to do this year?!?

Gary

Re: BRBS 2024
grc0456 - 2 weeks ago
A little birdie told me to expect the official announcement for BRBS 2024 in the very near future. I, for one, am super excited and happy that we are going back to Little Switzerland. 64 days and counting!

Gary

Enjoy!

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: BRBS 2024
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday at 8:33:16 am
Hey Gary, are you all signed up? Remember to check the Boxster's dancing shoes. It'll soon be time to lay some rubber down on the Diamondback.smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login